PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found a lid/product that keeps mason jars truly leakproof(no spilling liquid)

JustMe
11-22-2018, 03:56 PM
I take mason jar salads for lunch 4 days/week. I replaced my original mason jar lids with resealable one piece stainless steal lids and bought silicone rings for them. They still leak. Maybe its just not possible to have something that doesn't leak when tilted or turned upside down (I don't know how to guarantee they stay upright when transporting to work, in my car, etc).

I think I even posted about this in the past and ended up with what I have now..but its not working.

I see some lids on Amazon that claim to be leakproof, but there are always reviews that say that they're not. Anyone been successul in finding a product?

JElaineB
11-22-2018, 11:15 PM
I use sturdy plastic caps on mine, but I don't use them for traveling with liquids, but they are worth a shot I think. I don't remember what brand I got but they are similar to these Ball ones:

https://www.target.com/p/ball-8ct-mason-jar-plastic-storage-lids-regular-mouth/-/A-14898082