PDA

View Full Version : If you have multiple gaming systems, do you duplicate games on different platforms?

jgenie
11-22-2018, 09:24 PM
We have an Xbox one. DS1 would like a Switch and I was able to snag one from GameStop last night. Lots of games are on sale this weekend. I found a few games on sale for Xbox one so I bought them. I’m now seeing some of those same games on sale for the switch. Is it weird to get the same games in two platforms? If you have a Switch, which are the favorite games? TIA

SnuggleBuggles
11-22-2018, 11:33 PM
Nope. We don't duplicate. Consider how play would be best- for example, would they be easier to play with a motion controller or a traditional kind with pushing buttons?
Mario and Zelda games are the faves but I can check with the kids if there are more as I don't pay that much attention.

jgenie
11-23-2018, 08:03 AM
Nope. We don't duplicate. Consider how play would be best- for example, would they be easier to play with a motion controller or a traditional kind with pushing buttons?
Mario and Zelda games are the faves but I can check with the kids if there are more as I don't pay that much attention.

Would you please ask which games are the faves for the Switch? I bought the bundle that comes with Mario Kart 8. Trying to decide which other games to get while they’re on sale. Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-23-2018, 11:10 AM
Mario Party
Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
1 2 Switch
Snipper Clips
Mario Kart
looking forward to Smash Bros, new Mario Party and Sonic

AngB
11-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Would you please ask which games are the faves for the Switch? I bought the bundle that comes with Mario Kart 8. Trying to decide which other games to get while they’re on sale. Thanks!

How old is your DS?

Mine likes Mario Karts and Sonic. He is asking for Mario Odyssey and the new Pokemon game for Christmas.

jgenie
11-23-2018, 02:03 PM
How old is your DS?

Mine likes Mario Karts and Sonic. He is asking for Mario Odyssey and the new Pokemon game for Christmas.

I have an 8 yo and a 10 yr old. They asked for the switch as a long shot. I picked it up on super sale and want to get a few games while they’re on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

PZMommy
11-23-2018, 05:42 PM
I just splurged and got a switch for Christmas. My kids will be surprised! After playing it all day at their cousins house yesterday, I decided to get one for our house. I even had fun playing the games (and my kids loved that I was pretty bad at playing. lol). I ordered mario kart and splatoon plus an extra set of controllers. They also want smash brothers, but that isn't out yet. My kids are 7 and 9. They already have an x box. They just have lego games for that, and my DH has his grown up games on it. We haven't had a nintendo gaming system since I was a kid and had the original nintendo. At least my Christmas shopping for my kids is done now!

ellies mom
11-23-2018, 06:16 PM
We have several game platforms. We occasionally duplicate games but not often. We moved a couple of our consoles out of the living room a few months ago to help with clutter. Rather than bringing a console back in just to play one game, we bought a used copy of the game to play on the console that made the cut. We have the Wii U and the Switch. We bought a second copy of Breath of the Wild for the Switch because the play options are so different. We keep the PS4, Switch and Wii U out these days.

Mario Odyssey is a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
11-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Is this the Zelda game?

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/141904

SnuggleBuggles
11-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Is this the Zelda game?

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/141904

Yep! Zelda is hugely popular around here.

jgenie
11-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Yep! Zelda is hugely popular around here.

Thank you!!