PDA

View Full Version : Cordless vacuums?

calebsmama03
11-23-2018, 04:45 PM
I'm considering buying a new vacuum. My 10 yr Hoover is dying and better to grab on a sale than wait for it to die. I'm eyeing the Dyson V8 and V10 but even with black friday sales I can't stomach $350+ for a vacuum. I'm looking at some of the newer Shark. THey get good reviews online and are less than half the price, esp with some BF sales. Biggest downfall I see is no HEPA on the Shark. Curious if anyone here uses one? Do you use it as your main vacuum? We have a mix of wood and carpet.

twowhat?
11-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Following. The run time on the cordless Dyson has me hesitating...I feel like I would go crazy if I had to charge it after only 20-25 min on high power with the motorized head...but then again most people buy these for quick (10-15 min) clean-up jobs, right? Also, on the Dyson I've read that you have to hold down the trigger, and that doesn't seem great if your hands tend to cramp up.

calebsmama03
11-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Yes, I've read that, too (re run time and trigger pull). Shark has a few corded versions of these that I'm looking at, as well.

ezcc
11-24-2018, 12:33 PM
I have a dyson and it's great to do just one room or a quick clean up, but battery life is short- I wouldn't want it as my only vacuum- I grab it way more often than my corded miele but still need that one for bigger jobs/longer cleaning sessions.

dogmom
11-24-2018, 12:52 PM
I just pulled the trigger and got the V8 animal. It was just under $300. Hi be learned the hard way ifI buy what I don’t want I’m very cranky and spend anout the same amount of money trying to find the right second best substitute. I want it for my two wide staircases, hallway, kitchen floor. The V8 has more battery life than V6 or 7. And I’m NOT going to spend more than 20 min vacuuming. I had a Dyson Animal that just got old and lost some suction. I got a shark that is newer and lighter weight, but my Dyson at top form was just better. I’m hope by to find someone to tune up my old Dyson Animal. I’ll let you know how I like the V8 stick.

jgenie
11-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Following. The run time on the cordless Dyson has me hesitating...I feel like I would go crazy if I had to charge it after only 20-25 min on high power with the motorized head...but then again most people buy these for quick (10-15 min) clean-up jobs, right? Also, on the Dyson I've read that you have to hold down the trigger, and that doesn't seem great if your hands tend to cramp up.

I HATED having to hold the trigger and I couldn’t clean my first floor on one charge. I returned it after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mikala
11-24-2018, 03:35 PM
I have a Dyson and adore it. It's perfect for hardwood floors after dinner or any other time you'd use a broom. It's also great on pet hair and after kid haircuts. I also use it for two or three rooms at a time plus hallways pretty regularly. I still use my corded Dyson weekly because I feel it has just enough more suction on the higher pile carpet to be worth it. I can see using the cordless Dyson as an only vac if you have mostly solid flooring and area rugs but I'd still want a corded second version for carpet.