PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU want this year?

hillview
11-23-2018, 06:33 PM
This year I really just want our interior painted (it has been 10 years) and I would like a new couch but think we will have to wait on that.

Other odds and ends
new slippers
new work tote

What do you want?

ellies mom
11-23-2018, 06:37 PM
More than anything, I want my SIL and her dog to move out.

But since the chances of that happening is near nil, I have made a small list.

Canvas wig head with stand
Uniquely You dress form

That’s really as far as I’ve gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
11-23-2018, 06:41 PM
I think I want an iPhone X but it seems like such an extravagance especially since my current phone is in perfect working order. I wanted some costume jewelry. I found some really nice pieces online at Nordstrom Rack and with the discount they weren’t much more than regular costume so I bought myself a few pieces. I want to wear them now so I’m not wrapping them. Other than that I can’t think of anything.

Oh - I always wished I had bought the Harry Potter lego sets when they were originally released and told my kids if I could go back in time I would buy the whole series. Barnes and Noble had a crazy stacking sale a little while ago and Santa is bringing us every set! DC are going to be flabbergasted. I can’t wait to spend the holidays building them together!

SnuggleBuggles
11-23-2018, 06:52 PM
These are the only things I really want; I'll happily take anything else from the lower list
I want the family to establish a bigger aquarium for the fish they bought me last Christmas (our betta is currently in a 1 gallon and everything says they should have like 2+ instead)
a calendar from a local photographer

beaded leather wrap bracelet kind of like this https://www.sundancecatalog.com/product/gemstone+5+wrap+bracelet.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=&from=fn
this necklace holder https://www.etsy.com/listing/281780784/wall-necklace-holder-with-shelf?utm_medium=display&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=us_daba_desktop_highreeng&utm_content=q4_feed&fbclid=IwAR2riv6ygB5Z48YXZgIQY_Hbul7Vrserim6XWmNWS UKUWA1V34KMkWs7PHM
weighted drink holder https://www.thegrommet.com/couchcoaster-weighted-drink-holder
ceramic Kitchenaid bowl
this necklace https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4GNL06/ref=strm_null_197_nad_89_1
mobile car detailing
more phone charging cables (ds1 keeps stealing mine)
bluetooth headphones (not interested in Airpods or similar)
a new throw blanket
maybe a new comforter from Garnet Hill
this beach wedge pillow for summer vacation https://www.thegrommet.com/la-wedge-beach-storage-pillow

KrisM
11-23-2018, 08:11 PM
I need a new quilt for our bed, but haven't found one I like a lot yet.
A high, folding chair for watching bowling

That's it so far.

magnoliaparadise
11-23-2018, 09:44 PM
I would love:
A weighted blanket;
The facial cleanser brush (not sure which one, but probably the Clarisonic);
Most of all, family to watch my kids while I take a couple of days to travel by myself to see some friends.

TwinFoxes
11-23-2018, 10:20 PM
I think I'm going to ask for a Vitamix. I wanted new Haflinger slippers, but I know I'm getting them for my birthday (which comes earlier than Christmas). Maybe weather-tec floor mats for my car, but I've asked for them before and I think DH feels they're too boring/utilitarian of a gift. I just don't need anything really.

bisous
11-23-2018, 11:44 PM
To be out of debt more than anything in the world. We’re so close to paying off the CC balance. If our car doesn’t break or we don’t have giant medical bills then we should be able to make it happen!! We will have paid about $15k this year on top of our ongoing student loan bills which are substantial (another 15k).

gobadgers
11-24-2018, 01:15 AM
DH and I are doing 23 and me (I bought one for each of us, and I'm super excited about it...)

I get a canvas-wrapped print (of a family picture from the year) from DH every year, and it's become one of my favorite presents.

Those are both pretty awesome, but I'm having trouble coming up with anything else yet.

basil
11-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Snugglebuggles, I really like everything on your list! I just added that rose gold necklace to my amazon cart as a hint.

I think I want a new iPhone XS. I have a 7+ and there isn’t anything wrong with it. But I use it SO much and take so many photos that I always convince myself it’s worth it to upgrade the camera. I can sell the 7+ to my brother...

KrisM
11-24-2018, 06:49 AM
To be out of debt more than anything in the world. We’re so close to paying off the CC balance. If our car doesn’t break or we don’t have giant medical bills then we should be able to make it happen!! We will have paid about $15k this year on top of our ongoing student loan bills which are substantial (another 15k).

That's great! You've made a ton of progress!

hillview
11-24-2018, 09:52 AM
chiming in to say way to go. I know you've been working hard on this and it is SOOOO hard to do.

klwa
11-24-2018, 12:30 PM
I asked DH to get my PE license framed. I have an office at work now, so it can finally go on my wall.

AnnieW625
11-24-2018, 02:18 PM
I want cash to buy a real camera. I want a small camera that takes better pictures than my iPhone 7. I miss playing around with camera menus and being able to get decent range without my photos being blurry.

Bluetooth headphones like Bose, Beats, etc.

twowhat?
11-24-2018, 02:22 PM
I've already bought myself what I want :bag. I got myself several bralettes from Cosabella (they recently introduced a line of bralettes that carries my size (28DD) and it has been LIFECHANGING).

I would love to have one of those desktop sit-to-stand converter thingys but I have yet to find one that I like the aesthetics of that will hold both a laptop and a second monitor.

mikala
11-24-2018, 03:28 PM
I've already bought myself what I want :bag. I got myself several bralettes from Cosabella (they recently introduced a line of bralettes that carries my size (28DD) and it has been LIFECHANGING).

I would love to have one of those desktop sit-to-stand converter thingys but I have yet to find one that I like the aesthetics of that will hold both a laptop and a second monitor.How's the support in the Cosabella bralettes? I love the look and was intrigued the last time you mentioned them here but haven't tried them yet out of the assumption it wouldn't be enough for my post-three babies self.

twowhat?
11-24-2018, 03:58 PM
How's the support in the Cosabella bralettes? I love the look and was intrigued the last time you mentioned them here but haven't tried them yet out of the assumption it wouldn't be enough for my post-three babies self.

The support is impressive for something constructed out of essentially a layer of lace and a layer of mesh. I was skeptical the first time I bought and unwrapped one, it seemed so...tiny and flimsy! But the lace and mesh are incredibly strong - you can't poke a hole through with your finger - and I've just been really impressed. It's not going to support as well as an underwire bra, but it supports well enough to give a nice rounded shape, no uniboob. I even wear them under work tops and suit jackets...I can't remember the last time I wore a regular bra, even for work! I find myself choosing tops that I can wear these with because they are SO COMFORTABLE. They are lace, and thin, so if you have a thin t-shirt or something solid colored with no pattern, then you can see the lace through it...but I have plenty of tops that I can wear these with! They also won't hide headlights if you get cold but that's what cardigans and jackets are for!

My boobs are really saggy and the skin is stretched thin (breastfed twins for 18 months). This holds everything in, wrinkly skin and all, and makes me feel pretty. I love them so much. I bought myself 3 more pairs of the Sweetie Bralette, and also 2 pairs of a couple of newer styles that popped up online (a longline bralette and "evolution" bralette) to try, all from the Curvy line. 20% off right now, and they include free returns (one per order).

Did I sell it? LOL.

HannaAddict
11-24-2018, 04:12 PM
I think I'm going to ask for a Vitamix. I wanted new Haflinger slippers, but I know I'm getting them for my birthday (which comes earlier than Christmas). Maybe weather-tec floor mats for my car, but I've asked for them before and I think DH feels they're too boring/utilitarian of a gift. I just don't need anything really.

I agree on the floor mats, just buy them as a car utility item. They help keep car from being permanently trashed but don’t say Christmas present but rather daily purchase!

smilequeen
11-24-2018, 04:17 PM
I am going to book myself a spa day and tell my husband that's what he's getting me. I'd love to add on a night alone at the Four Seasons afterwards, but the scheduling with the kids makes that difficult.

ellies mom
11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
I want cash to buy a real camera. I want a small camera that takes better pictures than my iPhone 7. I miss playing around with camera menus and being able to get decent range without my photos being blurry.

Bluetooth headphones like Bose, Beats, etc.

I want a small non-phone camera too. I have a larger one but I want one I can slip in my purse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
11-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Thought of something else....I want the Ebags Motherlode travel backpack (https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/mother-lode-tls-weekender-convertible/143101).

jgenie
11-24-2018, 09:37 PM
Thought of something else....I want the Ebags Motherlode travel backpack (https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/mother-lode-tls-weekender-convertible/143101).

That’s a great looking bag and it’s almost half off! Do you know if it goes on sale often?

essnce629
11-25-2018, 01:50 AM
That’s a great looking bag and it’s almost half off! Do you know if it goes on sale often?

It's a great bag! I've had the identical, but smaller junior version, for several years. I paid $75 for it on sale.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

cckwmh
11-25-2018, 04:51 AM

I have had this bag for about 8 years. LOVE IT! I have had several friends comment on it and buy it after traveling with me and seeing it. The bag has held up great.

fauve01
11-25-2018, 02:10 PM
My list is full of camera lenses I can't afford, but can't help lusting after. I also really need a new camera bag, for the DSLR and couple lenses, and odds and ends plus my wallet/phone/keys/sunglasses but it is apparently a magical unicorn, so i'll probably just get an insert for the messenger bag i'm currently using.
other stuff on my list is
Other photography classes, and stuff
a couple perfume rollerballs
makeup and skin care stuff
L'occitane almond shower wash
Pure Barre classes
The lip stuff i like
couple of mags i want
Ring doorbell

this list is purely fantasy though, because we are getting each other new dining chairs and barstools after our downstairs reno.

AnnieW625
11-25-2018, 03:37 PM

It's a great bag! I've had the identical, but smaller junior version, for several years. I paid $75 for it on sale.

I have had this bag for about 8 years. LOVE IT! I have had several friends comment on it and buy it after traveling with me and seeing it. The bag has held up great.

Thanks! I have seen the price that low once or twice since I started stalking the bag a few months ago. I am now just waiting for 12% Ebates on ebags like they had on Friday. I doubt they will jack the price up for Cyber Monday. I was going to tell DH to order it for me, but tbh he doesn’t bargain shop and just buys what he needs so I think I will just go ahead and order and say it is from Santa.

jgenie
11-25-2018, 03:58 PM
Thanks! I have seen the price that low once or twice since I started stalking the bag a few months ago. I am now just waiting for 12% Ebates on ebags like they had on Friday. I doubt they will jack the price up for Cyber Monday. I was going to tell DH to order it for me, but tbh he doesn’t bargain shop and just buys what he needs so I think I will just go ahead and order and say it is from Santa.

That sounds just like my DH!! When Latia quoted paying $75 several years ago I pulled the trigger on the junior version. I’m super excited. I’m the holder of all things expensive when we travel - passports, extra cash, DSLR, iPads, kindles, etc. This looks like it will solve my ‘where did I put that?’ problem. I had $15 in points to use too!!

ourbabygirl
11-25-2018, 04:44 PM
Motherlode people :), how did you decide whether to get the regular or the junior, and which color would be most long-lasting? I'm thinking either the grey or olive green....

gymnbomb
11-25-2018, 04:47 PM

Does the junior version of the mother lode bag fit under an airplane seat? I might need that...

jgenie
11-25-2018, 04:57 PM
Motherlode people :), how did you decide whether to get the regular or the junior, and which color would be most long-lasting? I'm thinking either the grey or olive green....

I was worried the regular version would be too big for me. I’m petite. If I find I need more room, I can hand this one down to DC and get the larger size. I went with red because it’s my favorite color.

ourbabygirl
11-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Good idea! It did look kind of big, and I'm 5'2", so the smaller size might be better.

cckwmh
11-25-2018, 06:39 PM
I have blue, my husband gray, my sister red. The gray is the newest we have, probably 5 years old. It looks the best. The others still look great too, but the gray looks brand brand new. He definitely has used it more than I used my blue one as he travels more.

ETA: I just started using packing cubes with it, love it even more.

essnce629
11-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Does the junior version of the mother lode bag fit under an airplane seat? I might need that...

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYes it does! It's where I put it every time we fly so I have access to everything.
Motherlode people :), how did you decide whether to get the regular or the junior, and which color would be most long-lasting? I'm thinking either the grey or olive green....I have no idea how I decided! Maybe because the junior fits perfectly under an airplane seat? I don't remember considering the bigger one. I have the blue and mine still looks brand new. I use packing cubes with mine too. It fits 2 medium size ebags ones perfectly.

HannaAddict
11-25-2018, 07:44 PM
I think interior paint job would be a great present!

gymnbomb
11-25-2018, 08:16 PM
Yes it does! It's where I put it every time we fly so I have access to everything. I have no idea how I decided! Maybe because the junior fits perfectly under an airplane seat? I don't remember considering the bigger one. I have the blue and mine still looks brand new. I use packing cubes with mine too. It fits 2 medium size ebags ones perfectly.

Thanks!

KpbS
11-25-2018, 11:34 PM
The regular and the junior are both on sale now for $69.99 fyi

pharmjenn
11-26-2018, 03:38 AM
OMG I am loving this bag! I think I will get them for my entire family. DH has a huge backpack he uses so he may not want one, but better to get it now at this price and then either return or gift to another travelling family member.
Question- the red looks really orange. To those that have this color, is it as orange in person?

MrsZaz
11-26-2018, 08:07 AM
The regular and the junior are both on sale now for $69.99 fyi

Through the ebags website? I could only get it down t0 104.99.

Colleen

khalloc
11-26-2018, 09:28 AM
I really want a Tiffany Smile necklace, either all-gold or sterling silver. Not with diamonds. BUT I dont think yellow gold looks that great on my skin tone, and worried Rose Gold is not the best either. And sterling silver doesnt seem as special. But I might get the sterling anyways. I'll probably have to gift myself with it.

theriviera
11-26-2018, 09:50 AM
I have the motherlode junior but i find it really heavy when I pack it! It's so big, maybe I just need to try it again.

jawilli4
11-26-2018, 09:57 AM

Colleen

I got to the price by clicking through an email from ebags. However, last night I think I saw something that if you use coupon code DEALS you could get to the same price. Hopefully it still works.

Also, it looks like ebates is 12% back right now and mr. rebates is 15% back. Mr. Rebates has a disclaimer that it might not give cash back with use of a coupon not listed on their website, so YMMV.

You could also try clicking through one of those sites to see if it unlocks the price for you.

KpbS
11-26-2018, 11:10 AM

Colleen

Use the code DEALS

AnnieW625
11-26-2018, 11:32 AM

Colleen

Add the code deals. Also Ebates is back to 12%.

lovin2shop
11-27-2018, 03:28 PM
The support is impressive for something constructed out of essentially a layer of lace and a layer of mesh. I was skeptical the first time I bought and unwrapped one, it seemed so...tiny and flimsy! But the lace and mesh are incredibly strong - you can't poke a hole through with your finger - and I've just been really impressed. It's not going to support as well as an underwire bra, but it supports well enough to give a nice rounded shape, no uniboob. I even wear them under work tops and suit jackets...I can't remember the last time I wore a regular bra, even for work! I find myself choosing tops that I can wear these with because they are SO COMFORTABLE. They are lace, and thin, so if you have a thin t-shirt or something solid colored with no pattern, then you can see the lace through it...but I have plenty of tops that I can wear these with! They also won't hide headlights if you get cold but that's what cardigans and jackets are for!

My boobs are really saggy and the skin is stretched thin (breastfed twins for 18 months). This holds everything in, wrinkly skin and all, and makes me feel pretty. I love them so much. I bought myself 3 more pairs of the Sweetie Bralette, and also 2 pairs of a couple of newer styles that popped up online (a longline bralette and "evolution" bralette) to try, all from the Curvy line. 20% off right now, and they include free returns (one per order).

Did I sell it? LOL.

You’ve convinced me! I just ordered a Sweetie in the regular and Racerback. As a DDD, I normally can’t avoid an underwire, but it is worth a try. Worried about the headlights issue, so will definitely plan to bring a Cardigan when testing them out! Thanks for the suggestion, crossing my fingers!

calebsmama03
11-27-2018, 07:58 PM

Did I sell it? LOL.

Ooh, which ones do you like? Just the Sweetie? You and I wear the same size, though I don't prefer the band so tight so I usually do the 30D sister size. I've yet to find a bralette that fits narrowly enough on the ribs but has some cup space - it's like they're all built for 12-year-olds! I've resorted to ill-fitting Aerie and DKNY ones and just wear a wire bra when occasion or wardrobe dictates.
(I just googled and I had to laugh at the description - "..for the busty woman". Busty is something I've never been accused of being, considering if I wore the +5 size traditional stores recommend I'd be a 34B.)

twowhat?
11-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Ooh, which ones do you like? Just the Sweetie? You and I wear the same size, though I don't prefer the band so tight so I usually do the 30D sister size. I've yet to find a bralette that fits narrowly enough on the ribs but has some cup space - it's like they're all built for 12-year-olds! I've resorted to ill-fitting Aerie and DKNY ones and just wear a wire bra when occasion or wardrobe dictates.
(I just googled and I had to laugh at the description - "..for the busty woman". Busty is something I've never been accused of being, considering if I wore the +5 size traditional stores recommend I'd be a 34B.)

I just own the Curvy Sweetie (3 of them!) right now. I tried the racerback version but they don't come in size P, so I tried XS and it was too big:( I wish they had size P in the racerback!!! I also just bought the Curvy Evolution, and one of the Curvy longline bralettes to try.

And I hear ya! It's that small rib cage that is such a PITA problem! I can find bras in my size from specialty stores but it's still a pain because there's nowhere to go to try on stuff so I end up buying online and returning a lot.

basilicali
12-03-2018, 11:07 AM
The eBags Mother Lode and Mother Lode Jr are still on sale for $70.
Do you think packing cubes would be useful?

Also the Pack It Flat toiletry kit looks good, anyone used it? It’s $21
https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638?productid=10553360&cartItemId=2

essnce629
12-03-2018, 03:02 PM
The eBags Mother Lode and Mother Lode Jr are still on sale for $70.
Do you think packing cubes would be useful?

Also the Pack It Flat toiletry kit looks good, anyone used it? It’s $21
https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638?productid=10553360&cartItemId=2

I use packing cubes (medium) in my junior. Lots of people in the reviews complain about the Pack It being too small. I don't see anything from keeping all the pocketed items from falling out when you hang it. DH and I have used the hanging LL Bean toiletry kits for years. You can have the side pockets unzipped when hanging and everything stays put because they are in secured mesh pockets.

mikala
12-03-2018, 03:13 PM
I just own the Curvy Sweetie (3 of them!) right now. I tried the racerback version but they don't come in size P, so I tried XS and it was too big:( I wish they had size P in the racerback!!! I also just bought the Curvy Evolution, and one of the Curvy longline bralettes to try.

And I hear ya! It's that small rib cage that is such a PITA problem! I can find bras in my size from specialty stores but it's still a pain because there's nowhere to go to try on stuff so I end up buying online and returning a lot.Thanks for the detailed reviews! I'm picking one now :)

squimp
12-03-2018, 03:29 PM
I bought myself a quilted car coat on sale from Garnet hill and Uggs minis. I love sheepskin boots, they are so warm and my classic Uggs died last year. My office is cold so I love the option of putting these on for cold days.

jam224
12-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Mother Lode shoppers: the Junior is on Lightning Deal right now for $70 in 5 different colors or for $80 in 2 other colors. Deal is good for the next 5ish hours!
https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Mother-Weekender-Junior-Backpack/dp/B00A7BES1E/

Tenasparkl
12-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Mother Lode shoppers: the Junior is on Lightning Deal right now for $70 in 5 different colors or for $80 in 2 other colors. Deal is good for the next 5ish hours!
https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Mother-Weekender-Junior-Backpack/dp/B00A7BES1E/

ooh, thank you!

basilicali
12-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Both Mother Lode and Mother Lode Jr are $70 on ebags and ebates is 5% today, also got this packing cube set
https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/packing-cubes-6pc-sampler-set/358332?productid=10688608