PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a ping pong / air hockey / foosball table?

jgenie
11-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Did your kids play with it? Do you regret or are you glad you got it? How old are your kids? TIA

Tammy
11-23-2018, 08:55 PM
We have an air hockey table. Kids are 7 and 12 and use it a lot! Many many laughs and trash talking take place. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillview
11-23-2018, 08:58 PM
we have a foosball table. We have had it for 2 years. It gets used occasionally but it does get used. I think it is a long game. Kids are 11 and 13. DH also plays. It is a nice one (like you'd have at a bar) and weighs a ton. I can barely pick up one end.

PunkyBoo
11-23-2018, 10:53 PM
We have a game table that converts billiards, ping pong and air hockey. We've had it 2 years, since we moved into this house and had room for it. My boys are 14 & 9, we all love it and play often. It's quite popular when friends come over, too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KrisM
11-23-2018, 11:43 PM
We have an air hockey table that is not great. It still gets a good amount of use though. It does go in spurts and is used more in the winter for sure.

We got a ping pong table last Christmas and it gets a good amount of use as well. The kids play with each other, friends, and DH.

I'd like a better air hockey table, really. I have fun playing it.

ourbabygirl
11-23-2018, 11:54 PM
We have an air hockey table in the basement. Kids are 8 and 10 (and 3), and the older ones use it a bit when friends or cousins come over. I'd like another game table, but don't think we have the room, but DS wants a dart set for Christmas, so maybe we'll get a magnetic one of those.

gobadgers
11-24-2018, 01:04 AM
We have foosball, though full disclosure, we didn't buy it - stole it from my parents (it was in the basement when I grew up and is so old it has built in ashtrays!).

My kids are 9 and 11, they play it pretty often so far.

We also have a Pop-a-Shot, which gets a lot of love

ETA: I selfishly like the idea of our basement being a kids' hangout spot, even as they get older, and am hoping the games will help with that.

nfceagles
11-24-2018, 08:49 AM
we have a foosball table. We have had it for 2 years. It gets used occasionally but it does get used. I think it is a long game. Kids are 11 and 13. DH also plays. It is a nice one (like you'd have at a bar) and weighs a ton. I can barely pick up one end.

Any chance the one you have is available on Amazon? I have a bunch of Amazon points and I’m planning on getting the family a foosball table. Looking for a quality one over a budget version.

elbenn
11-24-2018, 12:26 PM
We have a foosball table and air hockey table that get a decent amount of use--mostly when friends are over. The foosball table is a very good, solid one and is available on Amazon. It is a different model, but this is the brand: https://www.amazon.com/KICK-Foosball-Table-Splendor-55/dp/B00ZWN9VA0/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1543076527&sr=8-19&keywords=foosball+table

We have an outdoor ping pong table. It gets some use but I think it would get a lot more use if it was inside (but we don't have room for it inside). It has to be stored away for part of the time so that's why it doesn't get as much use.

smilequeen
11-24-2018, 02:31 PM
We have a pool table and a ping pong top for it. Both get decent use, but it goes in phases. Used A LOT at parties/family holidays/playdates. Less when it's just my boys.

We also have an air hockey table that gets similar playtime, although it's more fun than billiards or ping pong for my 7 year old so he wants me to play on it more often.

I'm considering getting them a foosball or bubble hockey table.

hillview
11-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Any chance the one you have is available on Amazon? I have a bunch of Amazon points and I’m planning on getting the family a foosball table. Looking for a quality one over a budget version.

We have an Olhausen games one. I don't see them on amazon. I got it at a local store.

carolinamama
11-24-2018, 10:15 PM
We have a ping pong table and foosball table. The ping pong table gets used more than foosball, both used mostly with friends. I can't move the foosball table - it's solid - but can fold up the ping pong table if they want more open space. My boys are 13 and 10. DD is 7 but doesn't seem to gravitate to those activities.

belovedgandp
11-24-2018, 11:29 PM
We have a cheap air hockey table that was handed down to us from a neighbor. I think we've had it three years now. It goes in spurts but has definitely been enjoyed.

We just moved and have more room in the basement. My parents are giving the kids a Foozball table for Christmas. I got the one at Costco this season.

I would love skee ball or a pinball machine..... trying to convince DH.

Our kids are 14, 11 and 8.

marinkitty
11-25-2018, 12:16 PM
We had a foosball table an air hockey table, but unloaded both before we renovated our basement. Both got heavy use when the kids were younger and then periodic use as they got older. We are planning to get a ping pong table.

calebsmama03
11-25-2018, 01:46 PM
We have ping pong in our basement (unfinished- even though it folds there’s no other pace to have it in the house). Totally regret the purchase. It is huge and the kids stopped playing it after a few months. I threaten to sell it, they okay it once then nada. Rinse- repeat.

AnnieW625
11-25-2018, 03:40 PM
No, but if we had the space for one or both we we would play them on a regular basis. DH loves foosball, and we all love air hockey. Costco has a nice looking air hockey table in their current mailer for $299.

I would love an antique pinball machine as well.

Oh well the list grows for our next house.

DualvansMommy
11-25-2018, 06:29 PM
We have a fooseball table in our unfinished basement. It gets a lot of use with DS1 and his friends whenever he have them over.

DS2 doesn’t play with it much, and it’s only because he’s barely tall enough to reach the handles. Once he can, I can see him getting a lot out of it. So in short, it gets some play for us. We also can see ourselves adding a pinball machine or something else in addition once we finish our basement, as it’s big enough to hold 2-3 different large table set ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

essnce629
11-25-2018, 08:09 PM
I'm in CA so no basements or extra space out here! DS2 has this Umbra ping pong table set that he uses on our large dining room table. It's weighted and nonslip so no dealing with annoying clamps, etc. It works great and all fits in its small storage bag. He really likes it. He also uses his other standard ping pong paddles with it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LM6YZXO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_yJZ-BbCJ707HV

If we had the space I'd get an air hockey table, which is my favorite.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

basil
11-25-2018, 08:26 PM
We have a finished basement that right now is pretty much unfurnished. The other half (not in photo) is my gym. I need to move a couch down there and at some point my DH will buy a TV to watch movies.

I think we have room for a table game. I know my parents have a ping pong table in their basement that they hardly ever use. I think the kids (7, 4) may be a little young but it's tempting.

The kids and I just spent a half a day cleaning it!

scrooks
11-25-2018, 08:32 PM
We have a ping pong table we just pulled out of storage. We will see how much play it gets. We are considering getting a pop-a-shot game this year. Our neighbors have one and they said it gets lots of play.

jerseygirl07067
11-26-2018, 12:04 AM
I bought a used foosball table from a friend. The kids loved it for a few weeks then hardly ever played it. Several months later I sold it on offer up. My kids we 12,11, and 7 at the time.

essnce629
11-26-2018, 04:28 AM
We have a finished basement that right now is pretty much unfurnished. The other half (not in photo) is my gym. I need to move a couch down there and at some point my DH will buy a TV to watch movies.

I think we have room for a table game. I know my parents have a ping pong table in their basement that they hardly ever use. I think the kids (7, 4) may be a little young but it's tempting.

The kids and I just spent a half a day cleaning it!

Wow, beautiful space! Your basement is probably the size of my entire SoCal house!!!

nfceagles
11-27-2018, 08:20 PM
So I cancelled the foosball table I ordered off Amazon and bought one at Costco this morning. It’s a surprise gift for DH, DS, and DD. I get Costco to load into my van. At home I realize I may have bitten off more than I can chew, the thing is a beast, but manage to slide it out of my van onto a dolly, through my soggy bag yard, and into my walk out basement doors. I was unable to get the dolly up and over the door lip but I was able to slide it off the dolly and onto a blanket on my unfinished basement floor so I can slide it somewhere to hide. I’m heading back to my van to close it up when I get a text from DH who has just landed in Chicago, “Wow, what just arrived that you were loading into the basement?” We have a Ring camera back there. Never occurred to me that DH would get notified of my activity back there. [emoji21] He couldn’t see what it was and I deleted all the videos so he can’t keep watching them to figure it out, but he knows there’s a big heavy box in the basement!!!

mikala
11-27-2018, 08:49 PM
So I cancelled the foosball table I ordered off Amazon and bought one at Costco this morning. It’s a surprise gift for DH, DS, and DD. I get Costco to load into my van. At home I realize I may have bitten off more than I can chew, the thing is a beast, but manage to slide it out of my van onto a dolly, through my soggy bag yard, and into my walk out basement doors. I was unable to get the dolly up and over the door lip but I was able to slide it off the dolly and onto a blanket on my unfinished basement floor so I can slide it somewhere to hide. I’m heading back to my van to close it up when I get a text from DH who has just landed in Chicago, “Wow, what just arrived that you were loading into the basement?” We have a Ring camera back there. Never occurred to me that DH would get notified of my activity back there. [emoji21] He couldn’t see what it was and I deleted all the videos so he can’t keep watching them to figure it out, but he knows there’s a big heavy box in the basement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHilarious! I can totally see my DH doing that with our ring cameras. I hope you can keep it a surprise!

Momit
11-28-2018, 03:54 PM
We have a foosball table, and a table that converts between ping pong and air hockey. We use them regularly both as a family and when DS has friends over. He’s 10. I think you will enjoy having it.

nfceagles
12-01-2018, 08:36 AM
40% Off Deal of the Day

https://smile.amazon.com/s/browse/?ie=UTF8&node=17369522011&field-enc-merchantbin=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref=dotd_h_t&ref_=pe_837390_375406150

KrisM
12-01-2018, 09:04 AM
40% Off Deal of the Day

https://smile.amazon.com/s/browse/?ie=UTF8&node=17369522011&field-enc-merchantbin=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref=dotd_h_t&ref_=pe_837390_375406150

I came to post that, too!

A bit of a warning - I bought our ping pong table through Amazon on a deal of the day last year. I set the appointment for delivery as a day DH had marked for vacation and picked 10am-noon as our time. I called a few times that day and kept getting assured it was coming. Finally, they arrived at 5:30pm. Of course now all the kids are home from school and I have a huge, heavy box being delivered! The guys were nice and helped slide it next to my van in the garage and they gave me cardboard wrapping from a mattress to put in front of it so it didn't say ping pong! Later DH and I were able to move it a bit to keep it hidden.

In talking to them, no way would they have been able to hit the delivery time window. They start their day at Detroit Metro airport, which is 1.5 hours from us. They deliver as they go, so clearly we would be on the very end of their run. Had I known that, I would have planned differently.

FWIW, Amazon refunded me $100 of the cost for the poor delivery experience.

So if you order and set a deliver, keep your entire day open, just in case.

magnoliaparadise
12-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Humph, getting increasingly envious :)