PDA

View Full Version : Need your ideas -wedding reception center pieces

Soccermomm
11-25-2018, 09:29 AM
Bride and MOB are on a tight budget planning this wedding. It will be a small wedding of about 40, so about 5 round tables at reception and then the wedding party table. I have offered to do the wedding reception center pieces.

Where they are having the wedding, they signed a contract that they can not bring in any flowers. Yes, no flowers. Also, it would be nice to have a little asian flair in the center piece. Any ideas? I have looked on pinterest.

thank you for any help.

dogmom
11-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Asia is big, do they mean southern like Indian? Or do the mean Chinese? Japanese? Are this a Christian wedding or some other religious affiliation? Just want to clarify if the Asian theme is venue, religious or due to the heritage of the couple. Would help thinking about it.

I can think of some nice good luck statues. Or colorful Indian ideas. Or bamboo. Can you do that?

SnuggleBuggles
11-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Not too tall hurricane lanterns filled with candles and battery operated mini twinkle lights on top of a small circle mirror (craft stores sell them). That is your flower sub. You can then look around for ways to incorporate some Asian flair once you define that a bit more. :)

Aishe
11-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Little zen gardens? Or a faux succulent garden? I bet something like this would be pretty easy to DIY: https://www.potterybarn.com/products/garden-faux-moss-succulent-garden/

AnnieW625
11-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Keep in mind we got married in 2003, but we filled floral painted wine glasses with rice or the white aquarium rocks and we put tea candles in the rocks.

You could easily do something more trendy (and rustic if that is their style) with mason jars. Just do a google search. You could do red sand or rocks and tea candles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
11-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Not very Asian, but our centerpieces were large bowls filled with water, with cranberries and floating candles.

TwinFoxes
11-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Maybe little teapots filled with something? Tea is pretty popular throughout Asia. Are the bride and groom Asian? It might matter to them what part of Asia you're representing.

We used Moroccan tea glasses with flowers and candles. (Yes, I'm aware Morocco is in Africa :) ) I wish I had a digital picture, it was really pretty. Kind of like this but fewer and simpler flowers. Moroccan tea glasses come in lots of lovely colors.

AnnieW625
11-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Not very Asian, but our centerpieces were large bowls filled with water, with cranberries and floating candles.

I wanted to do that for our wedding as the Illuminations candle store was super popular back then, but I didn’t know what to do with the bowls afterwards and the ones at Illuminations were like $15 a piece if not more....looking back I probably could’ve rented them, but I still love that look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daisyd
11-25-2018, 06:19 PM
How about silk flowers? They look beautiful but they're not real flowers. Would that work for the venue?

boilermakermom
11-25-2018, 07:12 PM
What about a small cake? Dress it up with wedding colors, mini good luck statue, etc. Put it on a pedestal platter. I seem to remember Home Goods having several cute ones about $7/each. Have the person married the longest at each table cut it.

Serves as centerpiece and dessert.

Soccermomm
11-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Op here. The groom is from China. MOB was thinking maybe origami in the decorations.

I will certainly pass along these ideas. I guess we would need to buy cranberries now and freeze them if we go that route. Would frozen cranberries look good? It's a May wedding.

specialp
11-25-2018, 07:40 PM
No, frozen cranberries shrivel when thawed. Found that out this year.