PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a robot vac/mop to recommend?

megs4413
11-26-2018, 12:58 PM
Years ago when we built this house, we chose the super trendy very dark-stained wood floors....they show EVERYTHING. My mom got a Deebot last year and we've borrowed it since then and it does a fairly good job, but I'd really like to find one that has the option of mopping as well as vacuuming. There are a lot of options out there and the price differences are insane. Does anyone have one they use and like? TIA!

mackmama
11-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Following!

dogmom
11-27-2018, 10:49 AM
My DH bought me the IRobot Braava Jet for Christmas a couple years ago. I filed it in the "things my DH thinks is cool, but pretty useless and costs a lot of $$$" pile. Turns out I was wrong and use it once a week. I have little square foot area in my kitchen, but its a complicated layout and the Braava does a great job. I bought knock off washable pads for it. I do a quick sweep then run it after dinner. I have two dogs and it cleans the floor! I also use it in my DR which is wood vs the laminate in my kitchen, I just squirt the Method wood cleaner on it first then let it go. It works in the BR also. It's much cheaper than the Roomba, you can get it for $170 at BBB and you can apply the 20% coupon I think. Honestly, I would go for that and just sweep up the big stuff then use the Braava. It won't get the occasional sticky crud off the floor, but I usually did that by hand anyway.