PDA

View Full Version : When Amazon 'PRIME' doesn't get arrive in 2 days

magnoliaparadise
11-27-2018, 11:24 AM
It might be just me, but lately, I've been noticing that some of my 'prime' packages arrive much later than the date (2 days) that Amazon commits to on the screen when I click 'buy'. In fact, some packages come much much later, like 4 - 5 days instead of 2 days as promised.

When/if this happens to you, do you do anything about it? Does Amazon give any future credit or discount for the product?

I mean.... I don't want to sweat the small stuff and have never called yet about it, but it's happening enough that I'm starting to contemplate it for future packages. I pay a lot of money to Prime for the 2 day service and it's silly if they only sometimes abide by it. In addition, sometimes I choose a specific item over another one and at a higher cost because it is prime and will arrive sooner.

I'd love your thoughts. Thanks!

MSWR0319
11-27-2018, 11:27 AM
I've had this issue and have heard of friends having this issue. I complained once and they said it was ok. They now say it's 2 days from when it ships, not that it will be at your house in two days from order. It's annoying.

SnuggleBuggles
11-27-2018, 11:38 AM
You have to read the fine print under the item when it says "this item usually ships in X time". That can bite you if you miss it!

JustMe
11-27-2018, 11:47 AM
Yes, agree with reading the fine print; sometimes they state from the beginnning somewhere that the item will not come in 2 days.

However, there are other times items are supposed to come in 2 days and dont. Most of the times this hasnt been a big deal and I let it go. However, it happened to me once when I paid more money to order something from prime so it would get here faster and it was delayed by a lot--I would have saved a lot of money and gone with another company which was less expensive, but didnt claim to get it here a fast. I e-mailed Amazon and they funded me the entire price.

Melbel
11-27-2018, 11:59 AM
For items that mattered, I have called Amazon and gotten a free month extension of my Prime benefits.

jgenie
11-27-2018, 12:43 PM
If I notice, I chat with customer service. They will extend your prime by one month if they miss the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

lil_acorn
11-27-2018, 12:45 PM
If I notice, I chat with customer service. They will extend your prime by one month if they miss the deadline.

is this recently? The last time I asked (a few months ago), they said they stopped doing that.

jgenie
11-27-2018, 12:49 PM
is this recently? The last time I asked (a few months ago), they said they stopped doing that.

I can’t remember how recently sorry. I generally take the $1 credit for slow delivery. If I needed Prime and didn’t receive in the correct time, I would escalate at Amazon until I was happy with the resolution. Prime is expensive and they need to live up to their end. I don’t get a break on my membership just because I feel like it. Same should hold for Amazon.