PDA

View Full Version : Swim Moms - Favorite shampoo/conditioner?

MSWR0319
11-27-2018, 01:39 PM
We are a month into winter swim season and I always forget the indoor pool does a number to my boys' hair. We're about out of our swim shampoo (were using Malibu swim) and thought I'd check and see what you all use. Their hair gets so brittle and straw like. With two swimming now, I'm going to need larger quantity so I don't want to get something super expensive if there's a cheaper option.

SnuggleBuggles
11-27-2018, 01:43 PM
We use either this one https://www.ulta.com/clarifying-shampoo-three?productId=xlsImpprod10271158

Or Ultra Swim.

georgiegirl
11-27-2018, 02:44 PM
DD just uses regular shampoo (garnier fructis [emoji23]). She has very long hair and it has never been dry or brittle. She practices 5 times a week.

Do your kids wear swim caps?

DS1 doesn’t wear a swim cap, and his hair gets gross only when he doesn’t use conditioner. He’s fine with regular conditioner although swim conditioner makes his hair extra soft (he has super duper thick hair.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marymoo86
11-27-2018, 03:02 PM
We use Malibu swim - swimming in chlorine is bad enough so don't want to add other chemicals on top of that.

My ODD has almost waist length hair and gobs of it. It helps greatly to wet beforehand and add the swim cap. We also deep condition weekly.

MSWR0319
11-27-2018, 03:16 PM
DD just uses regular shampoo (garnier fructis [emoji23]). She has very long hair and it has never been dry or brittle. She practices 5 times a week.

Do your kids wear swim caps?

DS1 doesn’t wear a swim cap, and his hair gets gross only when he doesn’t use conditioner. He’s fine with regular conditioner although swim conditioner makes his hair extra soft (he has super duper thick hair.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No swim caps during practice. My 10 year old is convinced his hair gives him drag during practice :ROTFLMAO: and he goes faster at meets purely because he's wearing his cap. We don't have as many issues in the summer pool, so I think it's whatever they put into the winter pool. It's clearly super chlorinated because it smells so badly in there.

georgiegirl
11-27-2018, 03:23 PM
No swim caps during practice. My 10 year old is convinced his hair gives him drag during practice :ROTFLMAO: and he goes faster at meets purely because he's wearing his cap. We don't have as many issues in the summer pool, so I think it's whatever they put into the winter pool. It's clearly super chlorinated because it smells so badly in there.

Lol! I can see my DS using that reasoning.

mom2binsd
11-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Ultra swim, been using it for years. Not expensive but effective. DD has very long hair.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

trcy
11-27-2018, 06:40 PM
My DD uses this and it has worked well.
https://www.babobotanicals.com/products/swim-sport-shampoo-wash-16oz

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

cookiemonster198
11-27-2018, 07:00 PM
We use the ION shampoo and conditioner from sally beauty. Works well for us- especially the conditioner

abh5e8
11-29-2018, 03:04 PM
We use Ultra sun too. I think getting the hair really wet and applying conditioner and a swim cap before swimming is the best way to protect hair from the pool.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

essnce629
11-29-2018, 04:19 PM
We use Malibu swim - swimming in chlorine is bad enough so don't want to add other chemicals on top of that.

My ODD has almost waist length hair and gobs of it. It helps greatly to wet beforehand and add the swim cap. We also deep condition weekly.This is what DS1 used as well when he swam competitively for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

teresah00
11-30-2018, 02:36 AM
DD is 13 and swims 5-6 days a week. She likes ultra swim more than Malibu. DS is 8 and swims 2-3 days. He uses whatever shampoo we have or a bar a soap?