PDA

View Full Version : George HW Bush Has Died

sariana
12-01-2018, 01:59 AM
I don't think this really is political, but feel free to move if appropriate.

He was 94 and recently got to see his granddaughter get married. I assume he was ready to go as much as anyone ever is.

AnnieW625
12-01-2018, 12:38 PM
So sad. May he Rest In Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jawilli4
12-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I don't think this really is political, but feel free to move if appropriate.

He was 94 and recently got to see his granddaughter get married. I assume he was ready to go as much as anyone ever is.

His passing leaves me sad but I'm with you, I think his work was finished and he was ready to go back to the arms of his wife in heaven.

We lived in and then near Houston in years past. He was a beloved figure in the area. My favorite memory was frequenting Millie Bush dog park, inside George Bush Park. At one point it was ranked #1 in the country.

As an aside, my uncle once got to ride in an elevator with Millie Bush. He was being treated for leukemia when my dad was able to score VIP tours of the White House for our families. He had been standing in a security line and mentioned to someone that he was feeling weak. Someone got a wheelchair for him then fast tracked him through the security line. My dad pushed him for the tour and and think they both rode the elevator upstairs. When he took the elevator back downstairs, one of the secret service agents was taking Millie out for a walk. He passed away within a year of that experience and I have to think it was a point of light for him.

Here a nice article with some remembrances from public figures: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/george-h-w-bush-reactions/index.html

May he rest in peace.

magnoliaparadise
12-02-2018, 04:00 AM
May he rest in peace. I am sad about his death, honestly. I'm super liberal and did not vote for him, but he always seemed like a good man. And I really liked Barbara Bush and their sweet relationship. It feels like an era has gone by. An era when democrats and republicans disagreed, but somehow everyone was generally on board and argued in a civil way and everyone trusted each other, for the most part. I also love how he and Michelle Obama seemed to have such a sweet friendship. I was trying to talk to my kids about what a big deal George Bush is and it made me sad that they will always think of him as a historic figure in the past.