PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cheap kid version of the classroom 'ELMO Touchboards' set up from school?

magnoliaparadise
12-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if I can buy some knock-off or super kiddie cheap version of this?

It's ELMO Touchboards (has NOTHING to do with Sesame Street's Elmo)
https://www.touchboards.com/elmo/

My 7 year old has it in school and is begging for it for at home.

The camera piece alone is $550!! This is all she wants from Chanukah!! ????? She said the kids get to use it at school.

I told her that this isn't something you buy a kid as a present.

Is there any super cheap toy-type thing like that that works, but is less utilitarian?

PZMommy
12-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Out of curiosity, what does she plan to do with it at home? I have this set up in my classroom, but can’t imagine the space or use for it at home.

1mom2dylan
12-02-2018, 01:33 AM
Maybe a projector instead?

magnoliaparadise
12-02-2018, 03:54 AM
Out of curiosity, what does she plan to do with it at home? I have this set up in my classroom, but can’t imagine the space or use for it at home.

I think she wants to play teacher, which she loves to do at home... I wouldn't REALLY buy her the school one :). I would buy her something really cheap that she can somehow do some of the same things with.

A projector is a good idea, 1mom2dylan - thank you. I was thinking of that, but wasn't sure if that did the same things as the touchboard. They aren't cheap either, but there has to be some old one re-selling somewhere!!

PZMommy
12-02-2018, 12:12 PM
I’ve had to buy projectors before when my school one broke. You can get them on eBay for a more reasonable price. You can project it on the wall. It won’t be touch screen, but at least it would be something. You would need the cables to hook it up to a computer or iPad though. The Elmo will project regular papers, or whatever you put under it. We use both in the classroom.