PDA

View Full Version : WDYT - Evite "revoked"

Twoboos
12-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Maybe a week ago we got an Evite to an adult holiday party in the nhood. I admit, I didn't click on it. Then I forgot about it. Then remembered and couldn't find it. Took a day or two to track it down. I click on the link and it says "It doesn't look like you're on this invite list" or something like that. I kinda went - huh, ok.

What should I do? Follow up with the sender, ask a mutual neighbor I know was invited (he was encouraging DH to come that's how I remembered and started looking for it.), just let it go, or something else?

I realize we may have missed the party at this point... I feel bad. I've been beyond terrible at responding to stuff lately. :bag

HannaAddict
12-01-2018, 02:22 PM
They might have had such poor response rate decided to reschedule or had something come up and needed to cancel and didn’t send a message to those who hadn’t said they were coming. I’ve seen a revoked Evite before and because no one responded so scrubbed the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KpbS
12-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Was it a Thanksgiving party that has already happened or some upcoming Christmas party? I'd follow up with the sender, apologizing if necessary.

magnoliaparadise
12-02-2018, 04:04 AM
They might have had such poor response rate decided to reschedule or had something come up and needed to cancel and didn’t send a message to those who hadn’t said they were coming. I’ve seen a revoked Evite before and because no one responded so scrubbed the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. Honestly, I would write a separate email to the hosts and say that I saw the evite and have just been overwhelmed and am so sorry not to follow up and ask if it's still happening because I'd love to see them and if not, would love to (fill in the blank - go for a walk around the neighborhood, go for coffee, stop by, etc).

TwinFoxes
12-02-2018, 09:30 AM
I think how you respond depends on what you are hoping to achieve. If you want to confirm you missed the party you can always check with a close neighborhood friend. Assuming you want to make sure your relationship isn’t damaged, to apologize for not RSVPing I’d bring them a plate of cookies. If you really want to see them, the you can suggest some specific thing to do together like have them over. But it doesn’t especially sound like you want to get together so I’d go the cookie route.