PDA

View Full Version : Gaming system recs

elbert
12-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Background: we’re looking for any and all ways to get DD (12) more physically active. She really enjoyed playing Just Dance at a party recently, which has got us thinking of getting a gaming system for the holidays with a few active games (such as Just Dance).

I know NOTHING about these systems - last one I had was an Atari when I was young.! There’s so much info to weed through on the Internet, so I’m hoping someone can just tell me what to get. Obviously, it doesn’t need to be the latest and greatest, and I don’t think it will get heavy use. I’m considering buying a used system from GameStop (or similar) but haven’t ruled out getting something new if that’s easier/advantageous. Cost isn’t really a big issue, but I don’t want to throw money away unnecessarily.

Thoughts? Recs? Help?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

SnuggleBuggles
12-02-2018, 10:23 PM
If you think she’d be ok with an old system that no new games will get added, you can get a WiiU. There are many versions of Just Dance available to keep her busy! Oodles of other games like Wii Sports, Wii Resort and others that require getting off the couch and playing. We have loved ours for years.
We have a Switch now. It replaced the Wii so that’s where all the new titles will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
12-04-2018, 12:22 AM
It's not a video game, and not sure where you live temperature wise, does she have a bike, that's a great gift, also if you have bikes, ride together. My kids love when we ride together, grab a bite to eat or ice cream. Also, what about classes at a yoga studio, rock climbing place, trampoline park, passes to an ice rink etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

elbert
12-04-2018, 01:18 AM
It's not a video game, and not sure where you live temperature wise, does she have a bike, that's a great gift, also if you have bikes, ride together. My kids love when we ride together, grab a bite to eat or ice cream. Also, what about classes at a yoga studio, rock climbing place, trampoline park, passes to an ice rink etc?

All great ideas - and things we do! We’re in the Northeast so biking isn’t always a great option this time of year, especially when she gets home close to dark, but we’re right on a bike path and love to ride to breakfast in town, etc. She’s doing a weekly fitness class at the trampoline place, she does instructional hockey (so slating) once or twice a week, and has done yoga in the past, but I should look at that again. The rock climbing place isn’t that convenient, so we only get there a couple times a year. Thanks for the suggestions - glad to feel reaffirmed that we’re trying some of the “outside the box” ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mom2binsd
12-04-2018, 07:06 AM
My DD plays hockey (ice not field) as well as lacrosse and just finished high swim season, I love that she is so active but it's exhausting too!