PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Cozmo robot?

mackmama
12-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Dc wants it for xmas. https://www.amazon.com/Anki-Cozmo-Robotics-Adults-Coding/dp/B074WC4NHW

I think it was a popular gift last xmas so am curious re any feedback for those who purchased it. Did your DC like it? Still playing with it?

mackmama
12-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Anyone?

azzeps
12-04-2018, 11:07 AM
We have one! He's super cute! They still play with him occasionally, although right now his blocks have run out of batteries and they're not your typical AA or AAA kind. So I need to find some! It does require a phone/app to control him, though. That's the one drawback.

candaceb
12-04-2018, 11:12 AM
I evaluated all the options last year and went with LEGO Boost. I'm glad we picked that one because it's also used by the school's robotics program, plus it's more versatile - it can be built into different things. It also requires a device to program it. Newer Kindle Fires can run the app so it doesn't have to be a $$$ ipad or iphone.

Reyadawnbringer
12-04-2018, 11:33 AM
I evaluated all the options last year and went with LEGO Boost. I'm glad we picked that one because it's also used by the school's robotics program, plus it's more versatile - it can be built into different things. It also requires a device to program it. Newer Kindle Fires can run the app so it doesn't have to be a $$$ ipad or iphone.

Can you share a link to the LEGO Boost that you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candaceb
12-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Can you share a link to the LEGO Boost that you got?

I think there's only one version?
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creative-Building-Educational-Award-Winning/dp/B072MK1PDV

TwinFoxes
12-04-2018, 01:04 PM
We have two. They’re fine, and fun enough. It was a great gift for grandma to give. Big wownfactor, expensive, and moderately popular after an initial love-fest. I would not have sprung for two, that’s for sure, and probably not even one.

DualvansMommy
12-04-2018, 01:13 PM
We have two. They’re fine, and fun enough. It was a great gift for grandma to give. Big wownfactor, expensive, and moderately popular after an initial love-fest. I would not have sprung for two, that’s for sure, and probably not even one.

DS1 requested it for his list this year, so one set of grandparents is getting him that. Glad to know, as I was very hesitate to buy if it were up to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ahisma
12-04-2018, 01:31 PM
We have it. I agree with PP. Lots of use up front, now intermittent at best. It's a cute toy and DS does enjoy it when he plays with it. It had a brief resurgence when he was making his list this year - probably in hopes of convincing me that he'd actually play with this year's requests.

I do think that it's more personality and cute than tech.

nfceagles
12-04-2018, 04:44 PM
We have it. I agree with PP. Lots of use up front, now intermittent at best. It's a cute toy and DS does enjoy it when he plays with it. It had a brief resurgence when he was making his list this year - probably in hopes of convincing me that he'd actually play with this year's requests.

I do think that it's more personality and cute than tech.

We have one and I agree with this.