PDA

View Full Version : Mail this Wednesday?

hbridge
12-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Does anyone work for USPS? I just read that this Wednesday, 12/5 is going to be a federal day off so we won't get any mail service. Is this correct?

SnuggleBuggles
12-03-2018, 07:04 PM
I googled that for you. :) it’s correct. http://about.usps.com/newsroom/statements/120318-usps-operating-status-national-day-of-mourning.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbridge
12-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Thank you... My search did not result in anything quite so official :)!

It is a very nice thing to do in memory and honor of a past president. However, since we are currently only getting mail service 4 to 5 days a week on a good week...

mikala
12-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Thank you... My search did not result in anything quite so official :)!

It is a very nice thing to do in memory and honor of a past president. However, since we are currently only getting mail service 4 to 5 days a week on a good week...Yikes! We actually had usps delivery vehicles stop by three times in a day last week. Once for paper mail, two with our packages. I feel bad for the workers because the little trucks seemed to be packed like clown cars as it is and I'm guessing Thursday will be brutal as they try to catch up.

liz
12-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Lol, I love your description of the clown car [emoji23] Same here, multiple deliveries, late deliveries, Sunday deliveries, all from USPS. I think I heard that Amazon was good for the struggling USPS? I hope that's true.

TwinFoxes
12-03-2018, 10:04 PM
It is a very nice thing to do in memory and honor of a past president. However, since we are currently only getting mail service 4 to 5 days a week on a good week...

Why is this?

WitMom
12-03-2018, 10:11 PM
NASDAQ and NYSE will also be closed.

Kindra178
12-03-2018, 10:35 PM
It’s kind of silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

ray7694
12-03-2018, 11:32 PM
This is not new. The same thing occurred with Ford and Reagan. It can only be declared by the acting president. My husband works for the federal government.

doberbrat
12-04-2018, 12:19 AM
wonder if this is going to impact trash collection.

I'm assuming we're still going to have school since I havent heard otherwise....

AnnieW625
12-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Thanks for this! I have to change my checks for work that are suppose to go out on Wednesday to go out tomorrow so I don’t incite penalties on the checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
12-04-2018, 01:58 AM

I'm assuming we're still going to have school since I havent heard otherwise....

It’s the federal government, though I guess some localities could be following suit.

hbridge
12-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Why is this?

All I know is the excuses that the postmaster keeps giving me...staffing, the holidays (this started in September), budget issues... We run a business with heavy reliance on USPS, it's a big problem!

pharmjenn
12-04-2018, 01:31 PM

Our trash service only stops on Christmas day. All the companies in the SF area seem to run this way. We even received a reminder that they would be picking up on Thanksgiving.
So I am sure schools and trash will be as normal

NCGrandma
12-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Any idea about UPS/Fedex? I’ve noticed that — even though they sometimes deliver on weekends — they often do not make routine deliveries on regular Federal holidays.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)