PDA

View Full Version : Which Feminine Hygiene Products to Donate

StantonHyde
12-04-2018, 09:55 PM
My daughter's school is collecting supplies for people in Mexico who went through Hurricane Willa. One of the requested items is feminine hygiene products. I would like to donate that because I think it gets overlooked in the baby diapers etc. What would you donate? A selection of pads and tampons?? I am not sure if there is a cultural component to that area so that women would prefer one over the other????? I think tampons can be so personal re. fit that pads might be better, but I really don't know. Thoughts???

Mamma2004
12-04-2018, 10:31 PM
This is a great question.

My son founded a non-profit about 4.5 years ago. We aim to provide necessities to our neighbors in need, specifically "good clothing (for all the seasons), good food, and good fun". Well....along with clothing, we pair toiletries. It seems that feminine hygiene products are grossly overlooked, so we have learned along the way.

You are correct: despite my strong preference for tampons, the most requested item is - by far - pads. There are cultural, religious, and even fear issues. Many families are grateful for the regular and super absorbent pads. I've also included tampons before, but I realized that the audience was much narrower.

Thank you for thinking of this important donation!

StantonHyde
12-05-2018, 12:26 AM
Thanks Mamma 2004. Even as someone who only wore tampons, I think if I had to pick from pads vs. a tampon I didn't know, I would pick a pad. Turns out we have to buy this stuff tomorrow!! Guess we will be making a quick trip to the grocery store in the am!

jgenie
12-05-2018, 12:35 AM
Go with pads. Everyone can use them even if it’s not their first choice.

KpbS
12-05-2018, 01:07 AM
I think pads are by far the most popular choice culturally.

essnce629
12-05-2018, 01:11 AM
I'd do pads too and liners.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

StantonHyde
12-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone! I bought 12 packs of a weeks worth of pads.