PDA

View Full Version : What would you want I for a gift in the range of $100-$150?

AnnieW625
12-05-2018, 05:40 PM
DH is insisting that he buy me a Xmas gift even though we have decided to purchase a new Mac laptop as our almost 9 year old iMac is finally dying (will be posting about this soon).

I have a few ideas, but would like a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
12-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Clothing item you’ve been itching to buy but haven’t bought? Jewelry? Handbag? Money towards the camera you want?

Jeanne
12-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Something from Lilly Pulitzer. I'm partial to their Luxletic zipper jackets. They wear well.
A few splurge items from Sephora. The Hourglass Illuminating Powder is all that. Fenty Uncuffed liquid lip is fabulous color. It Cosmetics CC Cream. It Tightline is a holy grail for me. It brushes. Wayne Goss Brushes.
Title Nine zippered sweaters. Great bold patterns, colors and weights. Dresses are great too. Very flattering.
Lands End Cashmere Sweater. LE makes great Cashmere. Durable, soft, and not sheer.

smilequeen
12-05-2018, 07:05 PM
A massage and/or facial (depending on the cost where you are).

Clothing or shoes (this is the favorite cashmere I bought this year, is more than the range, but AT has sales all.the.time.) https://www.anntaylor.com/cashmere-turtleneck-tunic-sweater/484588?skuId=26302294&defaultColor=2222&catid=cata000011

Stuff from Sephora

bluetooth headphones if you don't already have them (airpods to go with the mac?)

cvanbrunt
12-05-2018, 07:13 PM
A set of Wayne Goss eye brushes
https://www.beautylish.com/s/wayne-goss-the-eye-set

Or the new Sonia G set that was just released
https://www.beautylish.com/s/sonia-g-pro-eye-set

Maybe a Pat McGrath Mothership palette

gymnbomb
12-05-2018, 07:41 PM
DH taking my car to get detailed (not just paying, but planning and taking it too).

A nice new pair of rain boots.

Earrings or a necklace maybe.

A massage gift card including tip.

Theater tickets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kindra178
12-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Barre package. Two-three personal training sessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Mommy_Mea
12-05-2018, 08:08 PM
I asked for the following in that price range from DH: gc to local devacurl salon, class card to local yoga place, a nice photo printer so that I actually print our photos, the ebags motherlode 21" bag.

scrooks
12-05-2018, 08:22 PM
I asked for new workout shoes, a new purse, and ulta or Sephora gift card, nice earrings. All could be within that range.

magnoliaparadise
12-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Hunter rain boots or a fancy facial scrubber. Or a massage.

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Fancy dinner out
Bottle of great champagne for NYE
workout stuff
tickets to something

DualvansMommy
12-05-2018, 11:14 PM
On my list in that range would be the following;

GC at my favorite day spa salon for body treatments & massages
new wristlet
iTunes
And GC at my favorite lunch place near my office

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
12-05-2018, 11:45 PM
Booties? Or, if you enjoy cooking, a sous vide gadget. Maybe a The North Face or Patagonia jacket. On the low end, Haflinger slippers (I love mine). I like the theatre tickets suggestion, but I'm sure those would be more than $150 knowing where you live.

California
12-05-2018, 11:45 PM
2nd the Hunter rain boots suggestion. SoCal doesn’t rain that much so it feels like a splurge to get a a pair. But when it does the boots are so comfy!

Pretty gold or silver earrings or a nice jacket to go with the different Rent the Dress dresses you like to get.

georgiegirl
12-06-2018, 01:07 AM
Patagonia fleece/vest/pullover

ahisma
12-06-2018, 01:32 AM
Last year I got a nice wool blanket. I still love it.

If you're crafty, a two month subscription to https://thecraftersbox.com/

essnce629
12-06-2018, 02:05 AM
I'd probably want a Nordstrom or Boden gift card or a gift card to the massage place I go to-- one 90 minute massage is $69.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
12-06-2018, 10:25 AM
I'd probably want a Nordstrom or Boden gift card or a gift card to the massage place I go to-- one 90 minute massage is $69.

$69??? Wow. I wish I knew about that place when I lived in SoCal!

AnnieW625
12-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Thanks all for the suggestions. I ended up telling him the following:
*Nesco Foodsaver, Wirecutter’s choice (I have wanted a food saver for years!), $55 or so on Amazon.
*Kendra Scott Sophia earrings, and Elisa necklace set, $85 on Kendra Scott’s website.
*Rothy’s point ballet flats in twilight metallic or persimmon, $145.
*Manduka yoga mat, $36 (this looks to be the thinnest one they make, which is what I want because I don’t like thick ones).

Melaine
12-11-2018, 06:29 PM
What would be on my wishlist:

Long lightweight down coat
Vitamin D light
Sash Bag purses, I'm totally converted and that's all I carry now
Essential Oils (I use Plant Therapy and am pretty addicted)
Sephora or Ulta gift card because I need makeup
Barefoot Dreams cardigan
Possibly a Get Your Pretty On membership; I enjoy them but struggle with spending the cash myself

vonfirmath
12-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Does it have to be an actual gift. 1 year's sponsorship for Manna 4 Lempira kids is $180 so I'd be tempted to ask for that. I love writing the kids and what they are doing for them.

AnnieW625
12-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Does it have to be an actual gift. 1 year's sponsorship for Manna 4 Lempira kids is $180 so I'd be tempted to ask for that. I love writing the kids and what they are doing for them.

Yes it has to be physical gift or I will end up with a Target card, which is okay, but I hate using them when I save 5% with my Target card. It is just a silly thing with me.

I tried telling DH he didn’t need to get me anything as I had splurged a few months ago on some Tom Ford sunglasses (love them btw and acetate is so much nicer than plastic even though it looks the same), and we need a new computer, but he said he still wanted to get me something.

123LuckyMom
12-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I know you made your list, but if you’re looking for more suggestions:

-massage/ mani/ pedi up to budget
-new kindle paperwhite
-new slippers
-date night out
-kitchen appliance (instant pot, Keurig, air fryer, electric kettle, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)