PDA

View Full Version : "Need" for 6 year old

MSWR0319
12-11-2018, 03:32 PM
We do want, need, wear, read. I can't figure out what to get DS2 who is 6. What does a 6 year old need? He's a second child so gets most stuff handed down, so I think we have everything he needs. He plays baseball, soccer, and swims. I think we have anything he would need sports related but I'm hoping someone has some good suggestions!!

I'll even take any suggestion for a 6 year old. My mom needs to get him gifts and all he wants is hot wheels. He's getting the big garage as his want, and I don't really want anymore hot wheels in my house.

jennilynn
12-11-2018, 04:13 PM
We’re doing soccer balls for the “need” for my 8 and 10 year olds, and winter boots for my 5 1/2 year old. Something like a coat, robe, watch, backpack/lunchbox, bike, etc makes a good fit for that category. Or something for their room, like a desk or new bedding. I try to buy something nicer than I normally would since it’s a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trcy
12-11-2018, 04:31 PM
My seven year old needs a new bike helmet. She also needs new pajamas, but I am putting that in the wear category. Last year was a new towel and wash cloth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Tenasparkl
12-11-2018, 04:43 PM
I got my 6 year old a cute soccer bag from Pottery Barn Kids. Maybe some kind of bag for one of his sports/activities?

We also got a new reading chair/bean bag thing for his room that kind of falls into the need category.

ilfaith
12-11-2018, 05:44 PM
I've gotten my kids electric toothbrushes for their "need" item in the past.

abh5e8
12-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Sleeping bag. Blue tooth headphones to listen to audio books. Electric toothbrush. Sports equipment or upgraded musical instrument.

ahisma
12-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Bike lock, water bottle, winter gear, new school bag - generally we do something that needs to be updated.

MommyAllison
12-12-2018, 02:35 AM
When DS was around that age, we did red IKEA hand crank flashlights for the “need” gift. This year my DD2 is around that age and getting a new dance bag for her need gift.

jenstring95
12-12-2018, 10:21 AM
New goggles, swim parka, goalie gloves or shirt if he ever plays goalie, soccer net for the yard, new baseball bag or bat or glove, new shoes/soccer socks/cleats, new swimsuit?

georgiegirl
12-12-2018, 11:13 AM
Swim stuff: parka, swim bag, goggles, fun jammers, fun towels