PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen these two awesome videos that I saw on FB? Searching!

magnoliaparadise
12-15-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm searching for two videos I saw that were REALLY great that I should have book marked and didn't.

I think I saw them on FB (but maybe here?).

If you know the names or links of either of these videos, please let me know! I REALLY liked them. I think I cried watching the first.

The FIRST video is a video basically from parents and children's perspectives of children growing up. There is no words spoken in the video, though I think there is background music. The video is made up of different scenes of family members posing and putting up signs that they have written a word or two. Then the family members will drop the sign closest to the viewer and another sign will be revealed. They do this several times in each shot.
I can't remember what the signs say, but they are each from the perspective of the parent (when the parent holds the sign) or the kid (when the kid holds it). And they are often, as one can imagine, from opposite perspectives (kind of like the parent will hold up a sign that says 'he is leaving', then drop that sign and the next one will say 'i'm so sad. I love him'. The kid next to the parent will, at the same time, release the first sign, which says 'I'm leaving' and the next one, synchronized to his parent will say 'Freedom!'. But my example is a bit lame - the real signs are actually much more powerful and deep.

The SECOND video I am looking for also doesn't have spoken words, though again, probably background music. The viewer sees a middle school (or high school?) cafeteria initially and the video camera scans into to see students doing their things in a school (buying their food, listening to music, talking to friends, going to class, etc).
But the students on the video, although all very normal looking, get little video-inserted blobs above their heads for a second about what they are thinking. By reading the blobs above their heads (that only pop up for a short time before the next person gets a blob), the viewer realizes that most students have really big issues going on that one would never know about.
The blobs reveal (not at once, but as the viewer kind of goes through the school as the camera does and students walk by or do their thing) that this student is depressed, this student is pregnant and scared, this student just lost a boyfriend and doesn't know how she'll get over it, this student just did badly on a test and is fearful of his parent's reaction, this student just wants to leave school and become a musician, this student is excited she did well on a test after having conquered learning disabilities, etc etc. I'm making some of those up, but basically, the video is about how we all 'look' normal, but we all have stuff going on in our thoughts that we aren't thinking about. And that, therefore, we are all the same - different issues, but the same - and we just don't share them.

If anyone knows of either, please let me know! I don't know if they are Youtube. I fished around a bit and googled and could not find anything.

THANK YOU!

billysmommy
12-15-2018, 09:27 AM
If you look up “it’s ok to not be ok” Hunter Holmes video - you will find the second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnoliaparadise
12-15-2018, 10:56 AM
If you look up “it’s ok to not be ok” Hunter Holmes video - you will find the second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!! Thank you!! With your information, I was able to find it. It's called "Your Life Matters". IF the link doesn't work and you google the title and Hunter Holmes. I didn't realize that it was made by staff/students and parents after a boy named Hunter Holmes took his life. It's beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6tesd1v8IM

jerseygirl07067
12-16-2018, 11:42 AM
i watched that, it was really good. It reminded me of one about empathy in healthcare put out by the Cleveland Clinic that I saw a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDWvj_q-o8

magnoliaparadise
12-17-2018, 02:15 AM
i watched that, it was really good. It reminded me of one about empathy in healthcare put out by the Cleveland Clinic that I saw a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDWvj_q-o8

Wow, that was powerful, too.

While I was watching, the next video, also Cleveleland Clinic, came on. Honestly, I couldn't even watch this second one - it's all about people finding out they are sick and how fragile life could be. It was too upsetting even to watch. But here it is if others are interested. It looks really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e1JxPCDme4

jerseygirl07067
12-17-2018, 09:56 AM
I just watched it, totally brought tears to my eyes. It is very true. I was once a patient myself, I was in a bad car accident when I was 18. That is what led me to my current career as a physical therapist. I totally know what it is like to be a patient, and to be reliant on others for so much. And to feel very vulnerable and at the mercy of others all day long. Luckily my accident was not as serious as what the others in the video encountered, as I was only in the hospital for a week. But it has given me good insight that I always think about to this day, when I am seeing my patients.

magnoliaparadise
12-17-2018, 12:14 PM
I just watched it, totally brought tears to my eyes. It is very true. I was once a patient myself, I was in a bad car accident when I was 18. That is what led me to my current career as a physical therapist. I totally know what it is like to be a patient, and to be reliant on others for so much. And to feel very vulnerable and at the mercy of others all day long. Luckily my accident was not as serious as what the others in the video encountered, as I was only in the hospital for a week. But it has given me good insight that I always think about to this day, when I am seeing my patients.

Here here, me, too. I injured myself three years ago (in a playground of all places) and was rushed to the hospital and stayed a week and had two surgeries (and a third one a year later)(broken ankle in two places and broken elbow) and whoa, what a humbling experience all around - the hospital, needing help when I got home, being in a wheel chair.. One night, I got a really really mean nurse who said some nasty things that in hindsight, could have probably gotten fired over. I felt scared. I didn't say anything to anyone until I left the hospital. I was also on some heavy drugs so wasn't thinking well. In hindsight, I wished I had asked for the patient advocate and at the very least made sure to get her off of my station, but hopefully more.

Anyway, this is all to say that YES, even with an injury that one can get over, it's hard to be a patient and in a hospital.

I'm sorry you were in a car accident. That must have been extremely scary.

Yes, that was a great video and very moving.

Now if I could just find that second video!! I've looked all around and it's just GONE. I don't get it. It was such a beautiful video about kids and parents' different perspectives on things and as a viewer, you would read their posters at the same time with different views about the same issues and it was SO touching. No voices, but music. And I just can't find it anywhere!!!!