PDA

View Full Version : Need stocking stuffer inspiration...

RedSuedeShoes
12-15-2018, 10:29 PM
What's everyone putting in stockings this year?

I've got candy so far, but that's kind of it. I used to put little toys but my kids are too old for that, and I'm sick of little plastic junk floating around the house anyway. I also used to put art supplies in the kids' stockings, but screentime seems to have superseded art time (sadly) so I don't think they need any supplies right now. I'll put running socks in DH's. And lip balm for the kids. Maybe a new keychain for 18 y.o. DS. Maybe cord organizers for earbud/charger cords.

I'm buying for DH, 18 y.o. DS, 13 y.o. DD, and 9 y.o. DS.

hillview
12-15-2018, 10:36 PM
flashlight
toothbrush
socks

ang79
12-15-2018, 10:44 PM
DH gets fruity candy (doesn't like chocolate), tic tacs (keeps a stash in his car), and jerky in his. For the girls (ages 12 and 10) so far I have some chocolate, hot chocolate mix, little stuffed animals, earrings for DD1, card games (Exploding Kittens for one, looking at the game sale at Amazon right now for a second game), gel pens, pop socket for DD1, glow in the dark wall stickers for DD2, cozy socks, and birthstone bracelets.

Other ideas: ear buds, gloves, ear warmers or hats, travel tissue packs, travel hand sanitizers or lotions, gift cards for special treat places like ice cream or coffee shop, jewelry or hair accessories for your DD, fun socks, favorite snacks

RedSuedeShoes
12-15-2018, 10:56 PM
I remembered I also have squishies and bracelets for two youngest DC.

Kestrel
12-15-2018, 11:19 PM
We do cool post-it notes, new thermos/water bottles, small lego sets, paperback books... we actually went to larger size stockings so larger size items would fit; it's worked better. When we were girls, we loved to get that cheap "wet & wild" nail polish and cool hair ties/headbands/ect, perfume, fancy soap... we also got cool printed shoelaces (to go in our white keds... we were so cool!). My brother did a lot of building models and shop products... he got hand tools/craft knife/tape measure.
And, of course, in those days, we each got a fresh orange in the toe of our stockings.... a real treat growing up in North Dakota, we didn't get those in winter.

bnme
Kontrolfreeks for video game controllers
Portable chargers
Fun socks
Body spray from American Eagle
Gum and candy
Hats/gloves

jgenie
We always do an orange for the toe, new pencils, a single serve sugary cereal, and a few candies. This year I’m adding fidget cubes, funky erasers and Lego minifigure blind bags. I bought fuzzy socks from Gap Black Friday but I decided to just wash those and toss them in their drawers. DS1 was super excited to see them in his drawer so I’m glad I didn’t wait to give them those. I need to get to Trader Joe’s for wool dryer balls to finish them off. DC are constantly stealing my dryer balls so I’m buying them their own sets. Fingers crossed they still have them. DH is getting the usual plus an Anker charger and an iTunes card.

jgenie
Duplicate post

mom2khj
12-15-2018, 11:28 PM
DH - rechargeable hand warmer, seasoning for cooking, meat thermometer, candy, sunflower seeds
DDs - nail polish, face mask, face powder/blush, coloring pencils, chapstick, lotion/body spray, stickers from redbubble, candy, hair ties, earbuds
DS - chapstick, candy, hair gel, mini legos, roblox gift card, earbuds, card game

TwinFoxes
12-16-2018, 01:00 AM
Charging cords and portable chargers. These cable protector thingies.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DTGR6RL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And of course, gift cards. I gave my girls Dairy Queen gift cards last. year...such a hit!

jerseygirl07067
12-16-2018, 03:33 AM
DH I usually give candy since he doesn't like many small things :)

DDs who are 13 and 15 ar9 getting those single use packets of face masks, tweezers, a makeup brush or two, and some new lightning cables

My 9 y/o DD will probably get a 5 below gift card, candy, hand sanitizer, a new lightning cable for her ipod

urquie
12-16-2018, 04:30 AM
I need to get to Trader Joe’s for wool dryer balls to finish them off. DC are constantly stealing my dryer balls so I’m buying them their own sets.

What do they use the dryer balls for?

urquie
12-16-2018, 04:43 AM
roll of quarters
eos
squish toys
fidget toys
scratch lottery tickets
hacky sack
pocket knife
lip gloss
Bicycle tire lights
pocky
lipstick sized portable charges

from Trader Joe's - hot chocolate on a stick, chocolate coins, and cornichons (weird and evolving family tradition)

jgenie
12-16-2018, 08:22 AM
What do they use the dryer balls for?

They like the weight of them and how they roll on hard wood floors. They use them to knock over all kinds of things - Lego, dominos, Playmobil people, building blocks. I have 12 and was down to 5 and couldn’t figure out how I kept losing them. Turns out they were hiding them to play with. I’m sure having their own sets won’t be nearly as much fun as taking mine but I figure they’ll get a kick out of opening them.

gymnbomb
12-16-2018, 09:15 AM
We do a lot of funny or nicer versions of everyday stuff. Christmas underwear, floss in containers that look like monsters, nice travel size toiletries like DH’s favorite fancy shave lotion, new toothbrushes (spinbrush with cartoon character for DS, foldable travel toothbrushes for DH and I), new makeup, earrings, silly socks, nice pens, fun post it notes (this year DS is getting some shaped like his initial), stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
12-16-2018, 09:47 AM
If you have teens or pre teen girls, ulta has a bunch of 5 for 10 stocking stuffers, so many options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

twowhat?
12-16-2018, 12:20 PM
For our girls (10) I did bath bombs, nail polish (Target always carries a great, cheap set of 10 minis from e.l.f. and we've found them to be excellent quality polishes that even I will borrow), candy (I am trying to find PEZ dispensers with no luck!), training bras (haha), sketch books with a neat pen, and fidget cubes - found some Marvel ones at Target that will be a hit, and card games.

Every year I always throw in a Paula's Choice lip balm in everyone's stocking...it's the only thing that really works well!

For DH, I'm still trying to find a cool tie. I also have Buffs and a new belt. And Paula's Choice BHA :)

IansMom
12-16-2018, 12:26 PM
DH:
Kikkerland back scratcher
Biore Warning Cleanser (he always steals mine)
Peppermint Tic Tacs
Hershey’s/Reese’s Bar Mix Up
Lifesavers Butter Rum

ODS (9):
Book
Scripps Spelling Daily Word Calendar
Minecraft Uno cards
Mr Bubble Foaming Soap
$2 bills
Squeeze ball
Peeps

YDS (3):
Mr Bubble Foaming Soap
Play Foam Pals
Kumon mini workbook
Build A Bear gift card
Squeeze ball
Peeps

jennilynn
12-16-2018, 04:48 PM
I love this thread ! I’ve been struggling for my boys (they’re getting a Switch but I don’t want to put the games/accessories in the stocking because it will ruin the surprise!) So far I have:
DSs (8&10):
Wallet
Card game
Cash
Treats (gum, Nutella, chocolate lollipops from ALDI)
Hair products (gel for one, detangler for the other)

DD (5):
Charm necklace
Tooth Fairy container
Perfume
Hair clips
Treats (same as brothers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday
12-16-2018, 05:33 PM
DD just saw a beaded mini journal & matching pen at Pier 1 (~ $7) that I may get for her, but I usually put lip balm, mini packets of tissues, travel size hand lotion, and mini LEGO sets in DD and DH's stockings.

DH will sometimes add iTunes cards.

ETA: Depending on your kids' preferences, LipSmackers brand has some cool lip balms. DD is especially enamored of the one with a lid shaped like a unicorn, but there's also a panda, a fox, a bunny, and a deer. They also have Disney character emoji and tsum-tsum themed ones, including a Princess Leia one with cinnamon roll flavored lip balm.

I have also tucked small stuffed tsum-tsums into the stocking. DD has gotten Olaf and Baymax; DH has gotten Han Solo and Boba Fett.

urquie
12-16-2018, 05:33 PM
If you have teens or pre teen girls, ulta has a bunch of 5 for 10 stocking stuffers, so many options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk. Is this available online? Can you please post a link to the deal?

mom2binsd
12-16-2018, 07:12 PM
. Is this available online? Can you please post a link to the deal?No idea, I was at ulta last night in store.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sf333
12-17-2018, 11:07 PM
I got these, one for each DC. My son’s therapist has them in her office and he loves to play with them while he’s there.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7QSH5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.pggCbAMTZAHV