PDA

View Full Version : s/o: gifts/tips for various delivery persons: what & how??

NCGrandma
12-17-2018, 12:30 PM
The recent thread about gifts for postal workers reminds me that I always feel unsure both of WHAT to give, and HOW to make sure they get it. And how do you make sure the gift/tip goes to your regular delivery person, not the many temps who deliver a lot of stuff at this time of year?

Let’s limit this to the various folks who deliver our many orders (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon Prime delivery — a new thing around here, whatever else).

Bonus: suggestions particularly welcome from people with ideas about this for apartment buildings, with central mailboxes.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Mommy_Mea
12-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Honestly our mailman only gets the gift if I see him and can hand it to him.

jgenie
12-17-2018, 01:54 PM
I leave the card for my garbage man taped to my trash can. You can’t see it unless you go to empty the trash because of where my cans are placed. He gets $20 cash. I give my UPS driver a coffee card. He gets it in January because there are so many seasonal workers in December and I want to be sure he gets it. I just leave it attached to an empty box by my garage. He grabs it when he drops off a package.I don’t give my mail carrier anything.