PDA

View Full Version : Need hostess gift idea

megs4413
12-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Normally, my BFF and her family come to our place for about a week over New year's. This year, she's recently adopted two sons and then got a new foster placement of three siblings, bringing her total kid load to 10, so we're going to go to her instead. We are staying AT their house (even though I offered to get a hotel, the kids just really like the weeklong sleepover and we didn't want to disappoint all of them.) I want to bring a gift, but I don't want to OVERDO it, which is something I'm very prone to. She's going to have a hard time graciously accepting ANYthing, so it needs to be on the smaller side. Any ideas? TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
12-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Maybe something edible like some coffee cake, muffins...for breakfast? You could order from a place like Zingermann’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178
12-19-2018, 05:28 PM
I love buying books from NY times “best art books of [insert year]” as a hostess gift. Some really cool books on the 2018 list. All that said, with all these kids, i would bring food.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

candaceb
12-19-2018, 05:40 PM
I agree with food - maybe bring in bagels one morning or pizza for dinner.
Another idea - offer to babysit all or some of the kids so she can go out with either a smaller group of kids or just for an adult evening. If I was in her shoes, I think that would be the best gift someone could give me!