PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air vs. Pro....help!!

newmomto1
12-23-2018, 04:26 PM
At Best Buy to buy a MacBook Air. The guy told us we can get a Pro for $50 less.
Same memory and storage. I know literally nothing about computers. I am getting this for personal use and to complete my degree online.
They said battery life better on Air, but Pro more powerful.
Any advice? Should I get the Air or the Pro?

PZMommy
12-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Which one is the newer model? That would probably be my deciding factor. I have a Mac book air, and I like how light it is. If the pro were cheaper, and it is the latest model, I’d probably go with that, as I believe it can do more.

twowhat?
12-23-2018, 05:02 PM
Well I have a Pro and it's plenty slim and light. It's not an Air but how light do you need it to be? If you're using it mostly at home, then get the Pro.

newmomto1
12-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Which one is the newer model? That would probably be my deciding factor. I have a Mac book air, and I like how light it is. If the pro were cheaper, and it is the latest model, I’d probably go with that, as I believe it can do more.
The Air is 2018, the Pro is 2017.

hillview
12-23-2018, 05:40 PM
what do you need it for? I have both and the Air is awesome, light easy to take plenty of power. If you need to do bigger computing things or open enormous excel files or do graphics works get the pro

newmomto1
12-23-2018, 05:58 PM
what do you need it for? I have both and the Air is awesome, light easy to take plenty of power. If you need to do bigger computing things or open enormous excel files or do graphics works get the pro
I am going back to school, will be taking classes online. I will also use for pictures and stuff.

MommyAllison
12-23-2018, 06:15 PM
My DH has an Air for work, and hates that he needs adapters to plug in almost everything (no USB ports on his Air). I'd take a look at what ports each has before you decide!

PZMommy
12-23-2018, 07:14 PM
My Air has USB ports.

I’m a teacher and use it for all of my work stuff. It works just fine.

flashy09
12-23-2018, 07:50 PM
I have the Pro and its weight is never an issue or noticed. It's probably over qualified for what I do, but never had an issue with it and can't say anything bad!

MSWR0319
12-23-2018, 08:06 PM
My Air just died (it got puked on) and I just bought another Air. I LOVE it!

NCGrandma
12-23-2018, 08:34 PM
My Air just died (it got puked on) and I just bought another Air. I LOVE it!

Does AppleCare cover puke damage? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2018, 09:04 PM
Look at the refurbished 13” pro models that say 2018. They are apparently the newest models or something. I just got one and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gymnbomb
12-23-2018, 09:53 PM
I am going back to school, will be taking classes online. I will also use for pictures and stuff.

I teach classes online and also use mine for pictures and stuff. I have a 2014 MacBook Pro and it is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HannaAddict
12-24-2018, 06:59 AM
I have both and prefer the Pro. I thought o would like the Air for meetings and such but still like the Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
12-24-2018, 12:25 PM
I was having the same dilemma last Monday and I ended up getting the pro. I am not a techie, but the new MacBook Air seemed very similar to the entry level Mac Book Pro, and like you said the pro was $50 cheaper. All of the technical reviews (Mac World, CNET, etc.) of the 13” Mac Book Pro were very positive and I couldn’t find many reviews of the new Mac Book Air other than the fluffy press release stuff. I decided it was best to go with the proven model, and it even still had a neutral rating from the Mac Rumors Buyers Guide site.

I got the 13” 8 ram, 256 gig model and it had one USB port and I bought an Apple adaptor for $19 that goes into the lightning port and makes it a USB port.

This will be our only computer so I wanted something that was powerful even though it will most likely only be used for homework, school projects, and what not; nothing fancy.

I am also glad I bought at Best Buy because on Friday I was scrolling Instagram and saw an ad for Best Buy and they were having an additional $100 off Apple MacBook Pros so I got an additional $100 off making the total price of the system $1249 vs. $1349 I had paid four days before. The price is now back up to regular price at $1499.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk