PDA

View Full Version : MGBW furniture?

mommy111
12-24-2018, 12:37 AM
Anyone have any experience with it? Like it, hate it? Is it middle end or high end price wise? Just asking because a store close to where we live is advertising a clearance of floor samples prior to moving store locations and of course we’re looking for furniture

Mommy_Mea
12-24-2018, 07:30 AM
Pretty sure it is what crate and barrel furniture is, if that gives you any idea, so mid to high end.

WatchingThemGrow
12-24-2018, 08:01 AM
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams?
I think it’s what Pottery Barn upholstered stuff is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JdrKuhnert
12-24-2018, 08:43 AM
We have two of their sofas. The quality is great. A lot of their stuff is made in the USA, especially the upholstered furniture. I think it would be worth checking out. You can check out their website to get an idea of prices. The catalogue is also well done. FYI they also have an outlet store that you can order from over the phoneand they will arrange shipping. The outlet has a Facebook page where they post photos of items.

westwoodmom04
12-24-2018, 11:01 AM
We have two Mitchell and Gold sofas. I would say the quality is just average and I plan on replacing them next year with something from a different manufacturer. Durability was a disappointment. I would put the brand solidly in the middle in terms of price and quality.

If you want to learn about different manufacturers, the furniture forums on Gardenweb, which are now on Houzz, are a great resource.

mommy111
12-24-2018, 02:10 PM
Thank you all for your replies!!! Mommymea, that would explain why their pieces look so much like crate and barrel :) I did really like the look, maybe worth visiting and westwoodmom, I’ll go over to Houzz!!

SASM
12-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Several years ago I worked at Resto Hdwr. MG was our main sofa and chair vendor. I absolutely stood behind their quality. If you can score a sofa bed at a good deal, totally jump on it! Their sofabeds are so incredibly comfy! A lot thicker than most...no bar in the middle of the back. [emoji6] We have had our leather chair for over 18years...going strong! Our sofa finally died after 16years but we also had over 6 moves with it.

mommy111
12-26-2018, 10:44 PM
Several years ago I worked at Resto Hdwr. MG was our main sofa and chair vendor. I absolutely stood behind their quality. If you can score a sofa bed at a good deal, totally jump on it! Their sofabeds are so incredibly comfy! A lot thicker than most...no bar in the middle of the back. [emoji6] We have had our leather chair for over 18years...going strong! Our sofa finally died after 16years but we also had over 6 moves with it.

Great to know and thank you! We went and looked today and some things looked quite promising and were a great price in terms of discounts.

magnoliaparadise
12-27-2018, 10:13 AM
I had a Mitchell Gold sofa (even before it was MGBW) for years and years. Great sofa, helped up incredibly well. I would buy another one without missing a beat.

I personally don't always love the look of the sofas with the sofa bed inside of it, but I like the look of some of the other ones.

elbenn
12-27-2018, 01:25 PM
We have two Mitchell and Gold sofas. I would say the quality is just average and I plan on replacing them next year with something from a different manufacturer. Durability was a disappointment. I would put the brand solidly in the middle in terms of price and quality.

If you want to learn about different manufacturers, the furniture forums on Gardenweb, which are now on Houzz, are a great resource.

I'm in need of new living room furniture. What brands are you considering? I guess I should look at the gardenweb forums.

As an aside, do any nice sofas contain recliners? I'm guessing not since I never see them in nice catalogs or on houzz pics but for the layout of my family room, it would be so nice to have a recliner in a sofa. I want a nice sleek sofa--not those big lazy boy recliner/couch combos so maybe there aren't any options for recliners in that type of sofa.

mommy111
12-27-2018, 01:43 PM
I'm in need of new living room furniture. What brands are you considering? I guess I should look at the gardenweb forums.

As an aside, do any nice sofas contain recliners? I'm guessing not since I never see them in nice catalogs or on houzz pics but for the layout of my family room, it would be so nice to have a recliner in a sofa. I want a nice sleek sofa--not those big lazy boy recliner/couch combos so maybe there aren't any options for recliners in that type of sofa.
Not westwoodmom, but I’ve heard century furniture is great we just don’t have any close to us

Mommy_Mea
12-27-2018, 01:45 PM

As an aside, do any nice sofas contain recliners? I'm guessing not since I never see them in nice catalogs or on houzz pics but for the layout of my family room, it would be so nice to have a recliner in a sofa. I want a nice sleek sofa--not those big lazy boy recliner/couch combos so maybe there aren't any options for recliners in that type of sofa.West Elm has a nice modern one:

https://www.westelm.com/m/products/enzo-reclining-sofa-h2780/?cm_cat=Google&sku=2684517&catalogId=14&cm_ite=2684517&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjZLhBRCAARIsAFHWpbHYfpqwder-QypxAewH9Zbnbc8BRageRSGsl1G5de3AqHiTFdqJ_gMaAvmyEA Lw_wcB&cm_ven=PLA&cm_pla=Furniture%20>%20Sofas%20%2b%20Loveseats%20>%20All%20Sofas

westwoodmom04
12-27-2018, 04:37 PM
Not westwoodmom, but I’ve heard century furniture is great we just don’t have any close to us

I just ordered a Century piece for our dining room, but it has not arrived yet. I have heard that the quality is excellent but it is pricey.

I was thinking of looking at Taylor King for sofas. I have heard great things about their upholstery and one of the independent stores near us carries the brand. I might also check out a Room and Board, and Sherill/Hickory Chair.