PDA

View Full Version : Quick question: Outlander books

SASM
12-26-2018, 03:35 PM
I haven’t read any Outlander books but I am intrigued. Are they stand-alone books or should they really be read in order? Audible has a great 2 for 1 deal today and Book 6 of the series is included in the sale. At 57+ hours, I am intrigued. Would love to listen to it but would I be completely lost without listening to/reading Books 1-5?? TIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BananaMama
12-26-2018, 04:39 PM
You'll want to read or listen to them in order.

Jeanne
12-26-2018, 05:21 PM
In order for sure.

calebsmama03
12-26-2018, 06:47 PM
Yep. In order.

gcc2k
12-26-2018, 10:16 PM
Definitely in order, but the audio books are great to listen to! Love the accents.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SASM
12-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Thank you everyone! I actually had a fair amount of credits so I bought a bunch. Guess I’ll be listening to Outlander for quite some time!

belovedgandp
12-27-2018, 09:00 PM
I have listened to all of them. I love them and am on the 6th book now. I think I would have gotten bogged down reading them. There are many times when I want the story to move along a little faster. But the language is beautiful. I think I would have read right over the detail. But can appreciate it better when listening.

Now I'm going to sound like my mother. I haven't quite figured out all the technology and never buy books. So yes, I've been getting them from the library. Like 60 CDs at a time that I dutifully listen to in my van most of the time. The narrator is amazing.

They do a get more than a bit adult in content (more so in the earlier books) so do be aware of extra ears.

SASM
12-28-2018, 09:06 AM
They do a get more than a bit adult in content (more so in the earlier books) so do be aware of extra ears.
Thank you! I had a feeling the books would involve a fair amount of adult content. I shudder at the thought of how long it’ll take me to get to Book 6 let alone the most current installment!