PDA

View Full Version : What kind of coasters do you have?

ourbabygirl
12-27-2018, 12:56 AM
We had a glass set that we got for our wedding years ago, but they chipped and weren't great, and we need a new set. What do you have? Would you recommend them, or advise to steer clear?

Thanks! :)

meggie t
12-27-2018, 01:24 AM
We have lots! I love the look of the metal but it’s not good with condensation. The coaster sticks to bottom of glass. The leather and the stone have been great.

jerseygirl07067
12-27-2018, 02:01 AM
Believe it or not, I have a bunch from the Dollar Tree! They are really cute, I think they are stone or some type of thick ceramic that looks like stone. They don't all match, but have similar color themes so they look like they go together. If they break no biggie I can go buy another one for $1. But so far none of them have.

I love a lot of the ones at Bed Bath and Beyond that are stone, but they are pricier than my dollar store cheapie ones. :)

RedSuedeShoes
12-27-2018, 02:28 AM
Believe it or not, I have a bunch from the Dollar Tree! They are really cute, I think they are stone or some type of thick ceramic that looks like stone. They don't all match, but have similar color themes so they look like they go together. If they break no biggie I can go buy another one for $1. But so far none of them have.

I love a lot of the ones at Bed Bath and Beyond that are stone, but they are pricier than my dollar store cheapie ones. :)

I have the same ones from Dollar Tree. Also a couple different styles that mix and match well. We recently got some leather ones too, and we like both.

jgenie
12-27-2018, 04:09 AM
We have stone that we received as a gift. We also have a bunch of photo coasters from Shutterfly. The Shutterfly coasters are my favorites.

SASM
12-27-2018, 08:47 AM
We need rather large coasters because I prefer larger-volume mugs, which tend to be wide. We have some stone ones from Target, some smaller silicone ones that I purchased at HomeGoods, and a couple of beaded ones from Pier One. I prefer the Pier One’s because they are the largest and are more fun.

twowhat?
12-27-2018, 12:14 PM
We love the cork ones from IKEA though I'm sure you can get cork coasters lots of different places. They're natural, bring in warmth and texture (design-wise), go with everything..they're great if you have glass tabletops and are worried about kids and stone coasters.

gatorsmom
12-27-2018, 12:39 PM
I voted other. We have these and I love them. https://shop.nga.gov/item/427859/rugs-coaster-set/1.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjZLhBRCAARIsAFHWpbHHb1kNUCAMC dZgWPDGRRdynKiiA_wzR1tCSYAhhaDgkeow2nzbMjsaAqS3EAL w_wcB. Very pretty, don’t show stains & completely indestructible (unless a kid took a scissors to them, I suppose). Oh, they have them on amazon too, I think.