PDA

View Full Version : Stylish but comfortable high quality shoes... what brands do you gravitate toward?

jerseygirl07067
02-08-2019, 02:57 PM
I've been going through a lot of my mom's things and she was a big fan of SAS Shoes. I will say though they are definitely for the older population, with the exception of a few styles. I tried some of them on and they were not quite my size but I could tell they were super comfortable.

Since I have been purging my closet I want to have only good higher-quality comfortable shoes remaining. What brands are more stylish and comfy but not old lady looking?

AnnieW625
02-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Cole Haan
Rothy’s
Blondo
Clarks Artisan
Munro
Dansko

I used to wear a lot of Naturalizer but it seems in recent years I have had sizing issues and they aren’t wide enough or are too short in the length and the next size bigger is too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
02-08-2019, 05:36 PM
The shoes I reach for the most in my closet are:

Cole Haan

Aquatalia

Toms

I’m ordering Rothys this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

twowhat?
02-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Well...I've been almost exclusively wearing Rothys for work. I can't wear heels, and the point toe Rothys are excellent and dressy enough for work. I ordered myself the Rothys loafers for Christmas and I LOVE them. They are even more comfy than the Points and they are my go-to airport shoe now because I can wash the grossness off of them!! They are also nice enough for business casual!

Apart from Rothys, I wear Born boots in the winter (I have a pair that I wear all.the.time). I want a good pair of sneakers but haven't found any that my picky feet can tolerate. I am very intrigued by Allbirds.

Tenasparkl
02-08-2019, 07:53 PM
I am very intrigued by Allbirds.

I got a pair for Christmas and I LOVE them. They're so comfortable and people stop me all the time to ask about them (my pair is red).

twowhat?
02-08-2019, 08:39 PM
I got a pair for Christmas and I LOVE them. They're so comfortable and people stop me all the time to ask about them (my pair is red).

What style do you have and would you say they work well for a wider foot? My foot is slightly wide...not wide enough to need wide sizes, usually. The washability is what gets me...and they (the wool runners) look cute too.

RiverRat
02-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Cobb Hill
Dr. Martens
Vionic
FitFlop - they have than just flip flops

Tenasparkl
02-08-2019, 08:47 PM
What style do you have and would you say they work well for a wider foot? My foot is slightly wide...not wide enough to need wide sizes, usually. The washability is what gets me...and they (the wool runners) look cute too.

I have the wool runners. Their sizing chart suggested that half sizes should size up and I found that worked for my slightly wide foot. I think the runners will work for you.

mackmama
02-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Lela Rose
Aquatalia
Franco Sarto
Cole Hahn
Mephisto

Kindra178
02-08-2019, 10:18 PM
I’m all about Dansko.

gatorsmom
02-08-2019, 11:22 PM
I was diagnosed with flat feet so I look for brands that provide arch support. I love La Canadienne boots for waterproof, stylish boots. They are expensive but will last forever. I have a ton of Fitflops- boots, booties, loafers, sandals, and ballerina flats. I can walk all day in them and my feet don’t hurt. For comfortable heels I love Trotters and Manolo Blahniks which are beautiful and dreamy for my feet but spendy. I have a few pairs of Munros and agree they are pretty comfortable. But I spend most of my time in Fitflops.

StantonHyde
02-09-2019, 12:36 AM
I live in Chaco sandals all summer and Dansko all winter. I wear boots with skirts at work as well as flats in addition to Danskos with pants.

Globetrotter
02-09-2019, 06:12 AM
I love My allbirds! I have wide feet and the wool runners are so comfy! I also find fitflops to be extremely comfortable, and some styles of Aravon.
I have flat feet and I was getting plantar fasciitis, but since I started wearing fit flops And using super feet inserts, no more foot pain! For some reason, I am able to wear the allbirds without any inserts.

pinkmomagain
02-09-2019, 02:25 PM
AGL
Geox

AnnieW625
02-09-2019, 03:40 PM
I should add if you have a high instep there is a chance that FitFlops won’t work for you.

My favorite flip flops are Crocs Athens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echoesofspring
02-09-2019, 07:32 PM
love my vivonic flipflips and sneakers

romika
pikolinos

just discovered cobb hill this past year and they really fit my feet well

some danskos but I'm hit or miss with them, same with munro

miz mooz (surprisingly comfortable) and Sofft for heels

mm123
02-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Naot.

I have several pairs (sandals and closed shoes). Very comfortable on my fussy feet and last forever.

jgenie
02-23-2019, 03:09 PM

Did you have to size upon your allbirds? Do you wear them with socks?

Tenasparkl
02-24-2019, 02:34 AM
Did you have to size upon your allbirds? Do you wear them with socks?

I’m a half size and I sized up. I don’t wear them with socks and they’re like a cozy hug for my feet.