PDA

View Full Version : Shows similar to Broadchurch?

sf333
06-10-2019, 08:05 PM
I just watched all three seasons of Broadchurch and really enjoyed it. What other shows are similar - mystery with little to no violence?

dogmom
06-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Hinterland? I think? Can’t remember much violence. I’m not sure if it’s on Netflix now. Definitely not Luther, although I love it.

Howtobelovely
06-11-2019, 07:53 PM
I just watched all three seasons of Broadchurch and really enjoyed it. What other shows are similar - mystery with little to no violence?
Midsomer Murders might be a good choice. Despite the name it's pretty tame. If Kingdom is still on Netflix, give it a try. Maybe Wallander? I don't recall if it's violent.

Globetrotter
06-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Father brown is pretty tame but we found it a bit dull after a few episodes.

Midsomer murders is gruesome, at least the first episode we saw, but maybe not for murder mystery standards.

NCGrandma
06-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Grantchester? Inspector Lewis?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

almostmom
06-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Question - I watched and loved the first season of Broadchurch, but somehow didn't feel a need to watch the other seasons. I just felt done! But your message has me rethinking that. Should I watch them?

And I just started Bodyguard which is a British drama and seems great.

TwinFoxes
06-13-2019, 01:10 PM
"The Killing". It has some violence, most described violence. It wasn't too violent for me, and I'm a wimp. The US version is set in Seattle, but I think the original show was Swedish.

Philly Mom
06-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Midsommer Murders and Lewis are both great. I hate violence and neither of them are very violent.

sf333
06-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Question - I watched and loved the first season of Broadchurch, but somehow didn't feel a need to watch the other seasons. I just felt done! But your message has me rethinking that. Should I watch them?

And I just started Bodyguard which is a British drama and seems great.

I know what you mean, I felt the same after season 1. In my opinion, it was the best of the 3. That being said, I really loved David Tennant in this show so he (and the actress who played Miller) made it worth watching the other 2 seasons.

cookiemonster198
06-16-2019, 11:32 PM
You’ll love Endeavour!

citymama
06-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Ooh, I've never even heard of Broadchurch but love mysteries and dislike violent shows. I'll add to my list!

dogmom
06-18-2019, 06:49 AM
You’ll love Endeavour!

Oh yes! It’s on Amazon Prime. I’d watch it just for the period clothes. The original Inspector Morse ones I find a little dated, but the Inspector Lewis ones are great. Endeavor is supposed to be Inspector Morse just getting into the police force in the mid 1960s.

I am so visiting Oxford when I go to the UK again after watching years of those shows, lol.

TwinFoxes
06-20-2019, 10:53 AM
Ooh, I've never even heard of Broadchurch but love mysteries and dislike violent shows. I'll add to my list!

I liked the first season a lot. I started the second season of but stopped watching. The story had wrapped up nicely and I didn't see anyway reason to revisit.

The American version is "Gracepoint." I think it aired on Fox. I didn't see it. It's weird they redid it. It also starred David Tennant, had the same writer and pretty much the same story, and Broadchurch had just finished airing on PBS.