PDA

View Full Version : CBD Oil

elizamom
06-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Have there been any posts about CBD oil here? I can't search for it because it is 3 letter words. I've been hearing and reading a lot about it and it sounds interesting.

Anyone try it? Brand recommendations?

Melaine
06-11-2019, 04:57 PM
I use NuLeaf brand. Have been taking it intermittently a couple years now. For the first 3-4 months, I felt like this stuff was better than prozac. It helped me so much. The effect seems to taper off for me, which has been true of everything I have used to treat my anxiety. So I still take it, but I use it intermittently trying to give my body less time to get used to it. It's definitely one of the tools in my belt but at this point it has not been the cure I had hoped for.

dogmom
06-11-2019, 06:47 PM
I think the jury is out on CBDs. There is some research of it helping for childhood epilepsy, for example, that are from real medical trials. Part of the issue is since there has been so much $$$$ given by the dietary supplement industry for decades to politicians there is ZERO regulation, so who knows what you are getting when you buy it. My home state has medical marijuana dispensaries for years, and part of the law including testing by an approved site. So if you buy a bottle of CBD oil from them it has a label from the testing lab saying it has this amount of CBD in it. Usually they can help with suggested dosages. I tried for my back/spinal claudidcation issues and found no difference. However, it wound up I had a condition that really needed treatment for surgery. If your state has a medical dispensary it might be worth it to look into getting from them. I know some brands are better than others, supposedly, but who knows.

RiverRat
06-11-2019, 08:38 PM
My sister takes it for migraines and it has made a world of difference for her. It’s doctor prescribed and they work on the dose/concentration and strain. She has one if it’s a daytime vs nighttime migraine.

My mom and her brother take it for pain. It has helped them both so much. It’s amazing when your body can sleep how it can heal.

A friend also uses CBD friendly cat treats and they have helped him.

I have no brands to recommend
But I know the oil has helped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mmsmom
06-11-2019, 09:35 PM
There are hearings going on right now about CBD at the FDA. My concerns are:
1. Since it is not currently regulated you don’t know what you are really getting.
2. There was an incident recently with a grandmother being arrested in line at Disney because she had CBD which is considered in FL to be hemp which is apparently illegal there.
3. CBD supposedly contains no THC however there are many stories of people failing drug tests while taking it.

I will say I am skeptical about something that seems to solve a plethora of ailments in humans and animals. However my main concern is are you really getting CBD or some other concoction that is not what it says it is.

I am hoping the FDA hearings makes it an OTC drug so it is regulated but accessible by all.

bcafe
06-11-2019, 09:48 PM
No personal experience here due to the possible trace THC and employment drug testing, however, I am extremely interested in it for our dog. He has arthritis pretty severely. I need to do more research on this though.

mom2binsd
06-11-2019, 10:27 PM
A close friend of mine has a son with dravets syndrome, she spent hundreds of hours petitioning the Utah legislator to legalize it, her son has had very positive results from cbd oil. This is different from the cbd oil they are selling at the Family video here in Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
06-11-2019, 10:28 PM
We use CBD treats for our dog (Chihuahua/Doxen/Jack Russell mix) and they work pretty well. He is anxious little guy and they do seem to help. We use them very sparingly though. I think we are on our second bag in the last year. We use the Pet Releaf brand.

My Dad has been using some CBD oil rub (don’t recall the brand) since it became legal in Colorado (he found a brand that would ship to California when you couldn’t buy it here yet) and he has two knee replacement and is able to walk a few miles a day. In general my dad is a pretty active guy, he ran 5-8 miles almost daily until he was in his late 40s and then switched to either biking about the same amount of miles after he had his first knee replaced at 54 (and had the last one done at 66) and or is still walking about 2-3 miles a day; he is 68 years old.

I have never used any CBD oil products for myself and neither has DH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roobee
06-11-2019, 10:47 PM
I purchased some CBD oil last year but I've only used it a couple times. I don't know what results I was expecting, probably anxiety relief, but I'm not really sure how well it works. I learned about a little about CBD oil on another message board last year and they linked to a reddit page https://www.reddit.com/r/CBD/, which links to a list of preferred vendors.

marymoo86
06-12-2019, 10:07 AM
I don't use mainly b/c I think it is an symptom reliever versus addressing root cause of issues.

That being said - I feel with the explosion of options it is getting into the realm of essential oil usage where there are few reputable brands and many that claim to reputable and many that manufacture with no idea what they are doing.

dogmom
06-12-2019, 03:26 PM
I don't use mainly b/c I think it is an symptom reliever versus addressing root cause of issues.

That being said - I feel with the explosion of options it is getting into the realm of essential oil usage where there are few reputable brands and many that claim to reputable and many that manufacture with no idea what they are doing.

Yes, which is why I will only suggest people purchase it from medical dispensary that had state rules about testing. They don’t want to lose their license to sell. They labs that test are also state regulated. It’s not cheap. $65 for about a month or two supply depending on how much you are taking.

California
06-12-2019, 11:03 PM
One of my best friends works for a CBD company. She mainly uses CBD gummies for sleep on the occasional night when her mind is on overdrive and she can’t sleep. She’s found it very effective. But, if she wakes up in the middle of the night she can’t use it or she’ll still be all mellow in the morning and not be productive at work.

I’m going to give it a try. Like her, I exercise and have a regular mindfulness practice. But every once in a while my mind decides that bedtime is the perfect time to try to solve the world’s problems!

SnuggleBuggles
06-13-2019, 09:45 AM
I've been interested but like others I got overwhelmed with brand options. I've only priced it locally at 2 businesses and 1 sells for $65 and the other store for $25. Is the one insanely marked up or is it better? (I don't remember any of the specs- I'm just more saying that when I went to the store I noticed a big difference). Still researching. My friend uses it for her dog and has had great success.

elizamom
06-13-2019, 03:12 PM
One of my best friends works for a CBD company. She mainly uses CBD gummies for sleep on the occasional night when her mind is on overdrive and she can’t sleep. She’s found it very effective. But, if she wakes up in the middle of the night she can’t use it or she’ll still be all mellow in the morning and not be productive at work.

I’m going to give it a try. Like her, I exercise and have a regular mindfulness practice. But every once in a while my mind decides that bedtime is the perfect time to try to solve the world’s problems!

What is her brand?