PDA

View Full Version : adjustable bed frames?

echoesofspring
06-27-2019, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have an adjustable bed frame? DH had back surgery 2 years and I feel like we've tried every sort of pillow/support/topper combination there is (both before and after the surgery). In the last couple of months he's started sleeping in a recliner downstairs, he says that's the only way he doesn't hurt in the morning, but he says he'd like to figure out how to be back in our bed. Poor guy. Yesterday he went bed shopping, tried a bunch of adjustable beds and seemed to think they felt better than the recliner. But it's hard to find reviews, etc. online that don't feel like just disguised advertisements. And they are so expensive! I'm willing to give it a try but I'd like to have more confidence that this is going to help him/worth the money. Our local store had the tempurpedic and beautyrest options, and he said the most comfortable option he found was with the hybrid mattresses (combo of coils and foam). If you have one I'd love to hear about your experiences/pros & cons/buying advice.

marymoo86
06-27-2019, 01:38 PM
What type of surgery? I had a laminectomy and diskectomy on my L5-S1. I love our Mint by T&N but still have to utilizae a body pillow as I am a side sleeper. I had surgery 12 years ago but find a 6-8 week trip to the chiro invaluable.