PDA

View Full Version : Robot vacuum?

trcy
07-05-2019, 03:53 PM
I was talking with a friend and she said her shark robot vacuum has been life changing, especially with pet hair. It sounds great, but I would love to hear more opinions before I spend the money. We have laminate and tile floors and two dogs that shed a ton and bring in dirt every time they come in. Anyone here have a robot vacuum? Which one? Love it, hate it, somewhere in between?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

specialp
07-05-2019, 04:07 PM
I have a deebot and love it for the living areas. During the school year I have it set to run the same time every day and it helps so much. It's harder to be as consistent during the summer. I really wish I had 1 (or 2) for upstairs.

AngB
07-05-2019, 04:36 PM
I really like it but we are in a bad stage of life for it (little boys and their freaking toys everywhere.) If we ever had all of our crap off the floor enough to use it regularly, it would be really great. I am not using it much these days but will when the kids are back in school. We don't have dogs at the moment but when we had a husky and german shepherd mix, it really helped keep the dog hair at bay.

ETA: We have had a roomba from Costco since around '16 I think. It has held up well.

n2ou
07-05-2019, 07:19 PM
We have a roomba and teenage kids. It has gotten a couple of their things (cords etc) but overall it’s amazing. I empty the bin (most of the times completely full) every other day and am just amazed how much dirt it has picked up. Ours is also scheduled to run when we are not home. It runs every day.

ArizonaGirl
07-05-2019, 09:19 PM
If you have dogs, how do they react to this?

specialp
07-05-2019, 09:42 PM

Mine leave it alone. I wish in the summer I could run it at night when we are in bed because everything is picked up then, but can't because if they hear it knock a wall or table leg, they bark and react like someone is knocking at the door.

AngB
07-05-2019, 10:18 PM

Our dogs ignored it or walked away from it when it came near.

mommy111
07-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Love it
We used to have someone once a week to help clean the house but I am so much happier since the Roomba. We have an older version and ours is at least 3 years old

erosenst
07-08-2019, 11:11 AM
LOVE (love love) ours. Between upstairs, downstairs, and a rental condo we have three. I would likely not pay up for a Roomba brand again - the Deebot and Eufy work equally well. ONLY advantage to the Roomba is the one with two rollers and no brushes to clean - but if you get a comb to clean the brushes it's quick.

niccig
07-08-2019, 12:58 PM

Our dog is fine with it. We’re pet sitting and our friend’s dog went nuts, barking and running around it. They have a roomba too, so not sure if he usually does this or if it surprised him at our house?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

MommyAllison
07-08-2019, 04:44 PM
We have a Eufy and love it. We also have a 1 yr old lab who doesn't love it, but only gets nervous if she feels like the robot is following/chasing her. ;) We use it on laminate flooring 99% of the time, 1% on carpet, and it works very well. It picks up tons of dog hair and goes on and off rugs and over thresholds. It does get stuck in one spot under our couch corner, and occasionally on a corner of a rug, so I prefer to run it when I'm home. We do have to empty it every time we run it, because of the dog hair.