PDA

View Full Version : ISO ideas for co-worker gift

PunkyBoo
07-11-2019, 11:23 AM
My office is relocating to a new building, about 15-20 minutes away. For various reasons, most of us are not happy about the move. I supervise a small team of two amazing women who are also good friends and working moms. I'd like to bring something into the new office to brighten up their new workspaces. They will both be in low-walled cubicles. I was thinking of small flowering potted plants, but the move coordinators have said not to bring in plants :/. None of the 3 of us are big on sweets/donuts, and our employer is giving us "swag bags" on the way in, our first day. Any ideas of something I can bring in to help welcome them into the new spaces? Probably from Amazon or B&M store because this Monday is our first day at the new location.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
07-11-2019, 11:27 AM
I can't think of anything offhand, I was never a big cubicle decorator. But I bet The Container Store has something cool.

mom2binsd
07-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Wine if they drink it, to ease the pain of the move! Or

I'd just go to a store and see if something catches your eye, you know them best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dhano923
07-12-2019, 01:01 AM
If they tend to get cold, a throw would be nice for them to keep at their desk to drape over their legs.
A nice desk fan, if they tend to run hot.
Bring them Starbucks drinks the first day and give them a $5-10 starbucks gift card so they can get a pick me up when needed.

jenstring95
07-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Maybe some new, fun picture frames?

PunkyBoo
07-13-2019, 11:57 AM
OP here. With my own reluctance for the move playing into my mood, I was having trouble coming up with anything, so thank you for the ideas! I ended up getting them each a little goodie bag with a new coffee mug (microwave safe, with lid, since we won't have hot water dispenser at the new building), a fun stress ball, a fun multicolor pen, a small snack, and a Starbucks card (there's a Starbucks across the street).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk