PDA

View Full Version : If you watch Naked and Afraid

SnuggleBuggles
07-15-2019, 11:05 PM
What 1 item would you pick as your personal item? I can’t decide at all. It would be so handy to know what your partner picks so you can balance it but they don’t seem to do that. Some items they tend to pick:
Knife/ machete/ other sharp cutting tool
Fire starter
Mosquito net
Duct tap
Bow and arrow
Fishing line
Twine/ cord/ rope
Fishing net
Fish hooks (I don’t think you can choose a full fishing kit- hook, net and line)

Lately they have been giving them a pot, which is good.

I know you probably really need something to cut with but both the mosquito net and duct tape appeal. The net can protect from miserable bugs (I can’t imagine dealing with the bites they endure! And I’d hate to have bugs crawling on me when I sleep). The net can also catch fish. Duct tape can do a ton, just watch the Myth Busters where they survive on a deserted island with duct tape.

I’m not nor ever plan on being a survivalist. This show is my guilty reality tv show pleasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbbhb
07-16-2019, 01:25 AM
I love Naked & Afraid! I think if they weren’t providing a fire starter that would be it for me, but bug net and knife would up on my list too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

nfceagles
07-16-2019, 02:32 AM
I’m not nor ever plan on being a survivalist. This show is my guilty reality tv show pleasure.

I haven’t watched Naked and Afraid, but if you like this, you should check out Alone if you haven’t already. We really like it.

specialp
07-16-2019, 07:29 AM
This gets debated in my house a lot. Fire starter.

SnuggleBuggles
07-16-2019, 08:42 AM
See, now I need to change my answer to fire starter. I’ve seen them really struggle without it! No fire usually means no water so you need it.

SnuggleBuggles
07-16-2019, 08:43 AM
I haven’t watched Naked and Afraid, but if you like this, you should check out Alone if you haven’t already. We really like it.

Thanks for the recommendation!

scrooks
07-16-2019, 08:47 AM
I think fire starter or mosquito net. So many of them get crazy bug bites! I honestly don’t think I would last more than a few hours. The lack of shoes would freak me out!

SnuggleBuggles
07-16-2019, 09:01 AM
I think fire starter or mosquito net. So many of them get crazy bug bites! I honestly don’t think I would last more than a few hours. The lack of shoes would freak me out!

That’s one of my reasons for picking duct tape- make some shoes!

scrooks
07-16-2019, 09:04 AM
That’s one of my reasons for picking duct tape- make some shoes!

I like your thought process!!!

specialp
07-16-2019, 09:06 AM
See, now I need to change my answer to fire starter. I’ve seen them really struggle without it! No fire usually means no water so you need it.

It always comes down to machete or fire starter, but DH points out that they generally do not have the energy or the conditions (it's rainy or humid) to start a fire on their own so that's where I land. But then you need a pot at least for the water. That's the struggle with picking just one. We haven't watched it in a while and I generally walk in mid-episode so I had no idea bow and arrow was an option, but my lack of skills would render that useless.

squimp
07-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Is water filter an option? They are always getting mighty sick. I would want shoes and a mosquito net too. That show gives me the heebie jeebies.

carolinacool
07-16-2019, 08:16 PM
Definitely a fire starter. You’re SOL without fire. And now I wonder if they do tell them what the other person is bringing, if they have an idea. I haven’t seen every single episode, but I’ve never seen both people show up with the same item. You would think at some point you would end up with two fire starters or two machetes or something. I’m also glad that they seem to be giving them a pot now.

I watch the very first season of Alone and I really liked it. I don’t watch anything else on the History Channel, so I didn’t keep upwith when the next season started. Are they on season four now? I actually flipped past it last week and watched a few minutes of what I presume is the current season.

specialp
07-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Definitely a fire starter. You’re SOL without fire. And now I wonder if they do tell them what the other person is bringing, if they have an idea. I haven’t seen every single episode, but I’ve never seen both people show up with the same item. You would think at some point you would end up with two fire starters or two machetes or something. I’m also glad that they seem to be giving them a pot now.

I watch the very first season of Alone and I really liked it. I don’t watch anything else on the History Channel, so I didn’t keep upwith when the next season started. Are they on season four now? I actually flipped past it last week and watched a few minutes of what I presume is the current season.

I have wondered the same and figured they either they share what the other brought, divide the list in 2 for each to pick from, or match people who picked different items. It has been a long time since we watched.

SnuggleBuggles
07-16-2019, 09:22 PM
So, the other night the guy had a bow and arrow and the girl had a machete. That’s when I wondered how much coordination there was. Obviously those serve different functions but I think one person should have sharp, pointy things and the other should have something totally different. [emoji2368]

nfceagles
07-17-2019, 02:14 AM

They’re in season 6 now.