PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy 10 or 10e vs. Google Pixel

jerseygirl07067
09-30-2019, 12:50 PM
I've always had Galaxy phones and have loved them but was wondering about the Google pixel. I like the fact that it doesn't come with a lot of the bloatware and it seems reasonably priced. My current Galaxy S8 has a curved screen which drives me crazy because it's hard to find a screen protector that fits it. I'm not sure if either one of these still has the curved screen or if curved screen protectors have gotten better.
I also want the one with the better camera since I take a ton of photos and videos.

Share your experience if you love either phone!
I am not an iPhone person I will leave that to my kids lol...

twowhat?
09-30-2019, 01:26 PM
DH is a big Pixel fan. He has a pixel 2 and he got the kids pixel 3s when they were on super sale. They take really great pictures (the portrait mode can be especially stunning, and the low light modes are pretty impressive). The kids have taken cool enough photos that they're like "ooh! I'm making this one my wallpaper!". And one of the favorite features here is it can tell you what song is playing if you are at a coffee shop or out somewhere, as long as the phone can pick up a long enough sample of the song.

khm
09-30-2019, 01:39 PM
I've always had Galaxy phones and have loved them but was wondering about the Google pixel. I like the fact that it doesn't come with a lot of the bloatware and it seems reasonably priced. My current Galaxy S8 has a curved screen which drives me crazy because it's hard to find a screen protector that fits it. I'm not sure if either one of these still has the curved screen or if curved screen protectors have gotten better.
I also want the one with the better camera since I take a ton of photos and videos.

Share your experience if you love either phone!
I am not an iPhone person I will leave that to my kids lol...

I don't know much about the pixel, but re: the curved screen protector, I was happy with "ArmorSuit" screen protectors on my old Galaxy and my husband's Note. They aren't glass though, if that is your preference. They have matte/non-glare, which is nice.

hellokitty
09-30-2019, 09:00 PM
I have had samsung galaxy, note and the pixel. My favorite was the note, bc of the stylus. However, between the galaxy and pixel, I'd pick the pixel. The pixel is the most intuitive phone I have ever used, it's almost creepy, but I missed it when I went back to a Samsung. I had to give mine up when I left Verizon and went back to Sprint and got the Galaxy S9 since they had a deal on it, even though I really wanted the Note, but it was $$$, and I HATE the curved screen, I could only find one case that I felt was secure enough.

I would go back to a pixel without any hesitation.

AnnieW625
09-30-2019, 11:17 PM
My sister had a Pixel 2 and now has a Samsung 10, I think. She went through 3 Pixel 2s (all replaced by Verizon because they ended up being defective after 5 months or so) and while she loved the phone she couldn’t go with another one and went back to Samsung (she had a Samsung S5 prior to the Pixel I believe) because she didn’t want to have to get another one replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy
10-01-2019, 12:07 AM
I have a Pixel 2XL and love it. I intend to get the Pixel 4XL when it’s announced in October. I use Google everything- Hangouts, Gmail, Google Photos, so it integrates wonderfully. I especially like that it doesn’t have all the Samsung bloatware.

briarrose
10-01-2019, 05:09 AM
I loved my Pixel up until now. After the latest android update it started on a bootloop. Tried a to go back to factory settings and that didn't work. I now have a paperweight that I can't turn on. Thank goodness I had backed up most of my photos before this had happened because everything is gone. Google Pixel says I can send it in to try and be fixed but they will charge at least $250 since it is out of warranty. We had Samsung before this. I liked that one too but hated the bloatware. My husband ended up having issues with his Samsung after an update. I'm not an Apple person at all, but am seriously considering the switch. The friends we have that own Apples have them for years without issues. If I'm spending $1000 or more for a phone, I'd like it to last more than two years.

Barb

AnnieW625
10-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Fwiw....I have an iPhone XR and I use Gmail, Google Docs, Microsoft 10 suite, and Google Calendar and it works quite well on an iPhone, but I have never had an Android phone so I know no different. We use PC computers at work (and a MacBook at home) and have no problem with switching to Apple. I know some people hate it though. Dh had a Samsung Galaxy work phone for awhile and he hated it. He prefers PCs to Apple computers, but he finds Apple phones so much better.

I hate having to pay for my phones monthly (I keep it below $30), but iPhones are expensive and they last a long time. Since 2011 DH has only had one defective phone (his 8Plus, which Apple replaced) and he is on his third model of phone since 2011 (4s, 6, and 8 plus) the 4s lasted 4 years, the 6 lasted 4 (although Dd1 had the 6 for the last year), and he has had the 8Plus since July, 2018. I have had a 4s, 5s, 7, and now a XR. The 4s lasted just over 3 years for me, the 5s lasted about 3 and then it became Dd2’s iPod and it was pretty much dead when we traded it in to get DH’s 8 plus, I had the 7 for just over a year and it was working fine but Apple was offering a deal on the XR last December for less than what I was paying on the 7. So after all of that yes Apple phones last a long time. Also I believe the 11 series phones have a better price point if you want to buy your phone outright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk