PDA

View Full Version : Any Miele canister vac fans here? A couple questions for you...

gatorsmom
09-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Would you buy a Miele again? Which model canister would you recommend? Do you have a refurbished one? If not why? If so, have you been please with it?

Are any of them bagless? Do they work as well? Can you get under furniture and beds easily?

I really only have a couple of requirements beyond having a powerful suck- a lamp on the floor to see stuff, some upholstery and drapery attachments, and can get under low furniture. We dont have a pet but our house gets really dusty and 3 of us are allergic to dust. My eyesight is getting worse and I can’t see the dust anymore (but apparently the kids can because they point it out so if they can, our guests can) so I’d like a vacuum with a light at the end.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

zukeypur
09-30-2019, 09:24 PM
We have the cat and dog canister with the power brush head with the light. I mostly use the non-lit hard floor brush, since we have no carpet and only two area rugs downstairs. I will say that it was (is) a huge PITA to lug upstairs, so I bought an upright vacuum for upstairs. I anticipate that it will last forever, and I would say I’m happy with it.

WatchingThemGrow
10-01-2019, 06:15 AM
We have 2 Miele canisters, one for each floor. I do feel like it's strong. Our housecleaner loves it. Ours doesn't have a light, but that sounds neat. Our house gets ridiculously dust too, upstairs, and I can't figure out why.

hbridge
10-01-2019, 06:19 AM
We are on our second Miele (the first last about 25 years). It is the perfect vac for our household, HOWEVER, we have all hardwood and tile so I have no idea about rug attachments or lights.

squimp
10-01-2019, 12:17 PM
We are on our second Miele (the first last about 25 years). It is the perfect vac for our household, HOWEVER, we have all hardwood and tile so I have no idea about rug attachments or lights.

Our first one lasted about 13 years of a lot of use. It has a HEPA filter and is great for hardwoods. We have one of the hardwood power heads and it doesn't have a light, but I thought one of them had one. If I had a ton of carpet though I would look at some other options.

mom2khj
10-01-2019, 01:49 PM
I just got one from Costco earlier this year. It's the Classic C1 Electro+ and it is the best vacuum I've ever used. My only complaint is that I wish the cord were longer.

gatorsmom
10-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Our first one lasted about 13 years of a lot of use. It has a HEPA filter and is great for hardwoods. We have one of the hardwood power heads and it doesn't have a light, but I thought one of them had one. If I had a ton of carpet though I would look at some other options.

Just curious- why would you look at other vacuums for carpet use?

squimp
10-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Just curious- why would you look at other vacuums for carpet use?

I feel like carpet is really hard on vacuums, we have a whole upstairs (4 bedrooms and media room) of carpet, and I think perhaps a different vacuum or perhaps a stronger, bigger electric brush head might be better. Our entire downstairs is hardwood and it is GREAT for that.

chottumommy
10-01-2019, 05:43 PM
I have a miele - not sure of the model number. It has can support a powered attachment and we exchanged the Turbo plus it came with to a Miele SEB228 Electric Powerhead . We also have the non powered flat hardwood/flat surface brush.

I love it and so does our cleaner. Cleans carpets and really thick pile ones really well.

essnce629
10-01-2019, 07:29 PM
We've had our Miele Complete C3 for Soft Carpet for 3 years now. Its been great and our housekeeper loves it also. We have all wood floors plus throw rugs (including 2 shag ones) in each room. If I only had hardwood I could have gotten away with a cheaper model, but I needed the adjustable floor head that works on high pile carpet and the hardwood floor head. There are no lights on either floor head. It also comes with 3 upholstery attachments and a HEPA filter. We also have a Roomba which is great for getting all the dust. Our housekeeper uses the Miele weekly and DS2 uses it on weekdays to vacuum the kitchen and dining room. I also run the Roomba a few times a week.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I6CU2F6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_p69KDbXNZHB89

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Mamma2004
10-02-2019, 07:26 AM
I just got one from Costco earlier this year. It's the Classic C1 Electro+ and it is the best vacuum I've ever used. My only complaint is that I wish the cord were longer.

I agree. The vacuum is fantastic on our hardwood, tile, and area rugs. The cord is shockingly short, and the bags are small and very expensive (compared to the Kenmore that I loved for 20+ years).

squimp
10-02-2019, 02:40 PM
I have a miele - not sure of the model number. It has can support a powered attachment and we exchanged the Turbo plus it came with to a Miele SEB228 Electric Powerhead . We also have the non powered flat hardwood/flat surface brush.

Oh yes this is a good point - I recommend the electric power head over the turbo. I got to try both at the store. We have an old school vacuum store that carries only Miele and Electrolux, they also do repairs, I just go there and figure out what I want.