PDA

View Full Version : Options for a Waterproof camera?

PunkyBoo
10-02-2019, 05:34 PM
We're going to Kauai over the holidays and have a few water-based/very wet adventures planned. I'd like to get reasonably good photos on this trip, as we haven't taken the kids on a "big" vacation like this before. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with those protective bags for cell phones- I've used them for protection from wayward splashes but I doubt they'd actuality be waterproof when taken under water like for snorkeling. DH is very budget conscious and this trip is already costing a lot, so I don't want to buy something expensive that won't get much use after the trip. Any recommendations of options?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

roobee
10-02-2019, 10:18 PM
I got a $200 GoPro before our trip and it takes good pictures. My kids use it and I love seeing the photos they take. I got an accessory kit from Amazon for about $30.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

Percycat
10-03-2019, 01:15 PM
We have two fugi finepix waterproof cameras we purchased from costco-- one is a year newer than another. Both take great pictures and are very durable. I took one on a boundary water canoe trip... i purchased a different buoyancy strap because the one that came with the costco bundle didn't float well enough. We have also used them on sailing, snorkeling, hiking.... https://www.costco.com/FujiFilm-Finepix-XP140-Digital-Camera-Bundle.product.100483821.html