PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your IKEA mattress! Redoing my teen's room

jerseygirl07067
10-08-2019, 08:24 PM
I've never had one of theirs before, but I'm heading over to Ikea tomorrow as I'm working on redoing my 15 y/o DDs room on a budget. She's getting a full size Malm bed, I would like some recommendations on their mattresses. She gets pretty hot when she sleeps so I'm guessing we will go with spring instead of foam as I've heard they get hot.

Tell me about yours and which one you have!

jbbhb
10-09-2019, 01:18 AM
Two of my kids have foam ones (I’ll try and figure out which one). I sleep super hot and have never been too warm on them. They are also super comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

MSWR0319
10-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Does it have to be from Ikea? We have mattresses from Zinus and love them! Plus they're cheap. They have cooling options but we haven't been hot from the ones we have. I found the best prices are either on their website, Walmart, or Amazon. We've gotten them from all three places and they just show up at your door!

jerseygirl07067
10-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Does it have to be from Ikea? We have mattresses from Zinus and love them! Plus they're cheap. They have cooling options but we haven't been hot from the ones we have. I found the best prices are either on their website, Walmart, or Amazon. We've gotten them from all three places and they just show up at your door!

Thank you for this suggestion!! I had heard of this brand but assumed they were at a higher price point. Very good prices and have been checking out their mattresses

SnuggleBuggles
10-11-2019, 07:12 AM
Don’t skimp on a mattress. I did when we updated ds1’s room. Wound up having to buy a pricey mattress pad and it’s still not great. I absolutely went into the shopping being cheap and it wasn’t worth it.If you buy anything, make sure you have return options that are doable. Those online mattresses come packed in a way that no one could ever repack. Make sure they don’t expect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

MMMommy
10-11-2019, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty sure DH ordered Tuft & Needle mattresses for DDs They are so comfy. Foam mattresses and reasonably priced.

jerseygirl07067
10-14-2019, 11:32 AM
Don’t skimp on a mattress. I did when we updated ds1’s room. Wound up having to buy a pricey mattress pad and it’s still not great. I absolutely went into the shopping being cheap and it wasn’t worth it.If you buy anything, make sure you have return options that are doable. Those online mattresses come packed in a way that no one could ever repack. Make sure they don’t expect that.
Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

I checked with zinus, if you are unhappy you just have to send them a receipt and show them that you donated the mattress to a charity. 100 days to try it out. I have a feeling a lot of them work that way because there's no way in heck you could ever make those compact once you open them LOL!

alootikki
10-14-2019, 11:08 PM
Just saw that Ikea is having a 20% off mattresses sale right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk