PDA

View Full Version : Aldi’s Furniture

melrose7
10-18-2019, 08:21 AM
Has anyone bought furniture at Aldi’s? They have a little writing desk that I wanted to get for DD2 but I’m not sure how good the quality is/how sturdy it is? I bought a clothing rack there years ago and it was not very sturdy. But it was only $9 compared to a $50 desk.

Melaine
10-18-2019, 09:08 AM
Has anyone bought furniture at Aldi’s? They have a little writing desk that I wanted to get for DD2 but I’m not sure how good the quality is/how sturdy it is? I bought a clothing rack there years ago and it was not very sturdy. But it was only $9 compared to a $50 desk.

I saw that desk and thought it was really cute! Don't know much about quality though. I think their return policy is pretty good.

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Won’t be good. For $50 you’re better off going to a used furniture store.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mommy111
10-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Look on amazon. Lots of desks between $45-$90. We got one for DD’s room that was really well reviewed and love it. It’s super sturdy for our needs (holding books, DD studying)

Mommy_Mea
10-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Or Craigslist/FB. I regret so many of my "bargain" furniture purchases versus buying high quality second hand.
Won’t be good. For $50 you’re better off going to a used furniture store.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

AngB
10-18-2019, 03:32 PM

We bought a little writing desk a year or two ago from there. Not sturdy but does the job for our 8yo.

melwe
10-20-2019, 10:36 AM
I bought a preschool table and chair set there years ago. It has held up surprisingly well. The table is not so sturdy but still being used 8 years later. The chairs are great though. They still support an adult's weight.