PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift Ideas For My Team at Work?

amandabea
10-19-2019, 05:14 PM
I know I’ve seen past threads on this question and I tried using the search function, but it’s not working.... if I don’t start this process now I’m afraid I’ll get busy and run out of time.

I'm looking for gift package/basket ideas that I can order and have shipped to my team members—including one international. I’m thinking wine or gourmet food options. I’d like to keep them in the $50-$75 range if possible.

jenstring95
10-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Some options: Costco (online), Harry and David, Edible Arrangements, Omaha Steaks if they are meat people, something from www.cherryrepublic.com.

Kindra178
10-19-2019, 10:07 PM
Cheryl’s Cookies. They have gluten free too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

boilermakermom
10-19-2019, 11:43 PM
Carol’s Cookies

gymnbomb
10-20-2019, 09:18 AM
Is this a large team or a smaller one where you really know what they would like? I am probably the minority opinion on this board, but every time I get a gift basket type thing I think about how much the person who sent it probably spent on it and how I would have much rather had that $50 or $100 as a check or an amazon gift card or half day off work, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgenie
10-20-2019, 09:59 AM
Is this a large team or a smaller one where you really know what they would like? I am probably the minority opinion on this board, but every time I get a gift basket type thing I think about how much the person who sent it probably spent on it and how I would have much rather had that $50 or $100 as a check or an amazon gift card or half day off work, etc.

This is my thought too. I would prefer a gift card in any amount over a gift basket.

elbenn
10-20-2019, 12:38 PM
This is my thought too. I would prefer a gift card in any amount over a gift basket.

Me, too, but I think a nice small gift along with a card is nice. Like small Nest candles or a small box of chocolate along with the gift card.

twowhat?
10-20-2019, 01:53 PM
Gifts DH and I have gotten from bosses, and my assessment of how much we liked the gift:

Christmas ornament - meh, kinda lame
Gift basket of consumables - OK
Nice pen - meh
Swiss army knife - OK
Yeti tumbler - nice
Yeti mug - nice
Swell bottle - nice
Electronics organization pouch - lame

If I could choose a gift, I'd want a $xx Amazon gift card, and a little small something useful or consumable with it, like chocolate/candy or something really useful like a portable lipstick usb charger.

As a boss, I have gifted SugarWish for special occasions or condolences. Everyone loves it. I've received SugarWishes as well and LOVE it. I'm not sure they ship internationally though.

amandabea
10-20-2019, 10:07 PM

thank you (and the others with similar sentiments) for saying this. I tend to over think these things. I’d much prefer to give something useful/appreciated. I have 15 team members, so maybe a nice box of chocolates or a bottle of wine and an Amazon GC.

gymnbomb
10-21-2019, 08:14 AM
thank you (and the others with similar sentiments) for saying this. I tend to over think these things. I’d much prefer to give something useful/appreciated. I have 15 team members, so maybe a nice box of chocolates or a bottle of wine and an Amazon GC.

Sounds perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melaine
10-21-2019, 08:26 AM

100%. Gift baskets look nice but are ultimately somewhat wasteful because you'll rarely find a person who will use all of it. Granted, I'm kind of picky at this point in my "health" journey but I probably wouldn't consume anything in a gift basket because of my strict diet (unless it's fruit) and I don't use soaps or candles because of health concerns (yes I stick with very specific clean brands). Wine would be nice but I know a lot of folks who don't drink either.