PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Soma vanishing edge!

wendibird22
10-21-2019, 12:40 PM
Smoking hot deal on Soma underwear, including vanishing edge, which I know a lot of us like (it's the only underwear I'll wear!). It's currently 7 for $50 (usually $17 a pair), and then code 95768 for $25 off $125 works (because the 7 pair before the 7 for $50 discount is over $125). I have shoprunner so I had to buy an 8th pair to be above the $25 minimum order for shoprunner. So, for 8 pair with tax it came to $33.41 which is $4.XX a pair.

If you've never tried their underwear I'd say now is a great time because $4 a pair is about what you'd pay at Target.

Melaine
10-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Smoking hot deal on Soma underwear, including vanishing edge, which I know a lot of us like (it's the only underwear I'll wear!). It's currently 7 for $50 (usually $17 a pair), and then code 95768 for $25 off $125 works (because the 7 pair before the 7 for $50 discount is over $125). I have shoprunner so I had to buy an 8th pair to be above the $25 minimum order for shoprunner. So, for 8 pair with tax it came to $33.41 which is $4.XX a pair.

If you've never tried their underwear I'd say now is a great time because $4 a pair is about what you'd pay at Target.

Thank you! I wanted to try them and I need new underwear.....there are a lot of styles though? Which ones do you like?

AnnieW625
10-21-2019, 01:18 PM
I haven’t tried the vanishing edge ones (as I don’t like silicone sticking to my butt) but I hope they hold up better than the Embraceable Lace thongs (both cotton and lace although the geo lace ones have held up well) I have gotten recently because I bought probably 10 pairs in May and about 5 of those have holes them already. I have had slightly better luck with the Embraceable Lace bikini panties though (as I wear thongs with everything but dresses or skirts I don’t wear shapewear with) but yes for the regular price I don’t think they are much better in quality than underwear sold at Target. I am this close to going back to Hanky Panky for things though because the two pairs I have are at least 4 years old. Just saying as don’t expect great quality.

Also I find their underwear runs small especially if you have hips. I wear a large in most brands but need an XL in these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
10-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Thank you! I wanted to try them and I need new underwear.....there are a lot of styles though? Which ones do you like?

I have mixed feelings about them. I didn't like them at first but I appreciate the lack of VPL in my workout tights (commando and thongs are not my workout ideal). The silicone is kind of annoying. I found that choosing the smaller size was better because I guess my behind isn't that wide- I had trouble with them going beyond the area they needed to cover then the edges rolled up thus defeating the smoothness. Took some trial and error. I have a mix of styles and don't really have a favorite. I prefer the ones with less coverage in the back so the hipster and the bikini styles are better for that.

mom2binsd
10-21-2019, 02:16 PM
I love the bikini with the lace on the sides only, I love the silicone edge! I hang to dry, but wash normally and mine last forever! I wear a small, and my pant size is 2/4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ang79
10-21-2019, 02:26 PM
I have a few of the Vanishing Edge that I wear with certain pants/skirts that tend to show panty lines with other types of panties, but I'm not a huge fan of the silicone sticking to me. I wear the Embraceable Lace Hipsters most of the time and love them. Though I will say that certain patterns the material seems different than in my older ones (looser, stretches out more quickly). The solids seem to be OK from recent orders. I also like the Embraceable Allover Lace Thong and the Embraceable Allover Lace Cheeky Boyshort if I want to wear something a bit more fun for DH :)

mikala
10-21-2019, 02:35 PM
Thanks for sharing! I love the vanishing edge hipsters and was due for a few new pair. Mine tend to last longer than Target/similar, usually about 1.5-2years.

ang79
10-21-2019, 02:45 PM
If you are getting a different kind and the above code doesn't work, try 46214, takes 20% off. And if you have shoprunner you get free 2-day shipping on orders over $25.

gymnbomb
10-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the information about the coupon code! I wasn't going to order because I don't really need them, but at $30.93 for 7 pair including tax and shipping, I couldn't pass it up.

Kindra178
10-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Thank you! The vanishing edge boy shorts have been my goto for 5 years or more, recommended by someone on this board. I don’t treat them with any special care and they last forever. I wash and dry them.

The embraceable lace don’t last, Annie.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

kdeunc
10-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Thanks so much! This was a great deal.

jgenie
10-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Thank you for sharing!

PunkyBoo
10-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Well that sucks, I need new ones and was waiting for a sale, but the codes won't work for me. OP's code tells me I haven't totaled the $125 because it's already applying the 7 for $50 sale price, and PP's code wont give me the 20% off because it says it can't combine with other sales! :(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jgenie
10-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Well that sucks, I need new ones and was waiting for a sale, but the codes won't work for me. OP's code tells me I haven't totaled the $125 because it's already applying the 7 for $50 sale price, and PP's code wont give me the 20% off because it says it can't combine with other sales! :(

Try adding an 8th pair to get you over $125. I was able to use the original code on more than one order.

mom2binsd
10-21-2019, 03:52 PM
For those who are wondering, I feel like the pics don't really represent how they fit. The bikini doesn't have as full coverage or sit as low in the front. I wear mine higher on my hips so the front hits higher and the back isn't totally covering, also it's my opinion that the model doesn't have a regular sized butt either (which is why her not myself is modeling these lol), which is why it covers so much, so if you have a regular sized butt it won't go to the far reaches of coverage!

mom2binsd
10-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Try adding an 8th pair to get you over $125. I was able to use the original code on more than one order.

I highly recommend you install HONEY, it automatically adds any coupons on, it got me exactly as Wendi said, but I didn't have to put in any codes. I could have had regular shipping at 5.95 for the 7 pairs for about the exact same money (maybe sales tax is cheaper here?), but I added the 8th pair and used shoprunner.

PunkyBoo
10-21-2019, 03:59 PM
That worked! Yay! Thank you so much jgenie and OP!

This was supposed to quote jgenie's solution.

wendibird22
10-21-2019, 04:13 PM
I do think the vanishing edge last longer than the embraceable line.

I prefer the hipster style with the lace band at the front. To me these fit like the old school (like circa 1990s) VS cotton bikinis. I wear a size 6P pants and find the size M works best for me. I also have a few pair of the all lace back and find they fit a bit looser but haven't sized down for comparison yet.

I don't find the silicon off-putting. I don't even notice it's there. No VPL and no wedgies is a big win for me!

I machine wash cold and line dry and find the silicone strips last a long time that way. And I do feel that machine dry does shrink them.

jgenie
10-21-2019, 04:36 PM
That worked! Yay! Thank you so much jgenie and OP!

This was supposed to quote jgenie's solution.

Woohoo - glad it worked for you!!

mom2binsd
10-21-2019, 05:12 PM
I do think the vanishing edge last longer than the embraceable line.

I prefer the hipster style with the lace band at the front. To me these fit like the old school (like circa 1990s) VS cotton bikinis. I wear a size 6P pants and find the size M works best for me. I also have a few pair of the all lace back and find they fit a bit looser but haven't sized down for comparison yet.

I don't find the silicon off-putting. I don't even notice it's there. No VPL and no wedgies is a big win for me!

I machine wash cold and line dry and find the silicone strips last a long time that way. And I do feel that machine dry does shrink them.

I have the microfiber with the lace on the sides, and was at friends visiting and she put my laundry in the dryer and my gingham faded and lost their sheen, so I always hang to dry, wash normally though. I do think they last forever, I've had some almost 5 years (I remember the first time I bought a bunch after losing a lot of weight and had to get new underwear cause my old stuff was too big). I find when I grab a pair of my all cotton regular underwear it feels funny not to have the silicone, and love that they really are VPL, I wear yoga pants to run errands and do not like to go commando.

SnuggleBuggles
10-21-2019, 06:00 PM
I put mine in the dryer. I’m lazy. They are fine.

gymnbomb
10-21-2019, 08:05 PM

Me too. I have had some for several years and they are just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kindra178
10-21-2019, 08:36 PM

I never knew not to do that!

georgiegirl
10-21-2019, 08:43 PM

That’s what I do too. I can’t imagine hanging my underwear to dry. What a pita.

urquie
10-22-2019, 01:27 AM
Thank you so much OP! These were on my DD's Xmas list! Ebates is giving 1% off.

essnce629
10-22-2019, 03:00 AM
I love the bikini with the lace on the sides only, I love the silicone edge!

Yep, these are the only kind I get! I have replaced all my underwear with them. I probably have 30 pairs! They did take some initial getting used to. After I go to the bathroom I always run my fingers under the edges to make sure they're laying flat. I've never had them shift or roll up on me.

Great deal! I was able to get 8 more pairs for $35 shipped!

Melaine
10-22-2019, 06:17 AM
I can't get the 7 for $50 deal to apply.....it's not taking it off. Any ideas?

jgenie
10-22-2019, 06:33 AM
I can't get the 7 for $50 deal to apply.....it's not taking it off. Any ideas?

It looks like the promo is over. It’s now buy 5 get 2 free. :(

Melaine
10-22-2019, 05:03 PM
It looks like the promo is over. It’s now buy 5 get 2 free. :(

What a shame! The ad banner was still up but the discount wouldn't come up....and now it's gone like you said. Oh well

mom2binsd
10-22-2019, 05:16 PM
That’s what I do too. I can’t imagine hanging my underwear to dry. What a pita.

Honestly I am lazy too, but didn't like how my microfiber ones came out after being in the dryer. I have a hanger thing (it has about 10 clips and is right beside my washer/dryer and they only take a bit to dry.) I have found the microfiber do not keep their sheen if you dry them, those who do dry and don't have that happen, great, but just putting it out there for newbies. Maybe if you have all lace ones that makes a difference?

SnuggleBuggles
10-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Honestly I am lazy too, but didn't like how my microfiber ones came out after being in the dryer. I have a hanger thing (it has about 10 clips and is right beside my washer/dryer and they only take a bit to dry.) I have found the microfiber do not keep their sheen if you dry them, those who do dry and don't have that happen, great, but just putting it out there for newbies. Maybe if you have all lace ones that makes a difference?

I have a total mix. I haven’t noticed anything about sheen.
But, yes, good to know!