PDA

View Full Version : Help woth DS's forgetfulness

petesgirl
10-22-2019, 05:41 PM
I need ideas on how to help DS remember to bring his lunchbox home from school. After lunch all the students put their lunches in a tote bucket and head straight to recess. Then they are supposed to stop by the lunchroom after school and get their lunchbox from the class tote. He rarely remembers and then when I send him in to look for his lunchbox he often says he can't find it. Today he brought home 3 lunchboxes with tupperware in that I just assumed were gone forever and of course the food was growing all sorts of things. I hate using a ton of plastic bags but I'm not going to keep throwing away nice food storage containers either. Is there some strategy we can implement that will help him bring them home everyday?

StantonHyde
10-22-2019, 10:33 PM
Can you go back into the lunchroom to find it? Do they send a group of kids to get their boxes or the kids are just supposed to do it? I can assure you that my kids can't see what is right in front of their faces half the time--and they are teenagers. I honestly think this is a bad design on the school's part. I can imagine that lots of kids forget to do this. It's at the end of the day and they just want to go home. The only other thing I can think of is to paste a bright sticky note in his cubby at school that says--"Get your lunchbox".

KpbS
10-23-2019, 01:18 AM
Can you put a special tie on his zipper of his backpack to reminder him to go get his lunch? That way every time he zips his bag to go at the end of the day, he will see and feel the reminder to go get his lunchbox.

jgenie
10-23-2019, 06:27 AM
Can you put a special tie on his zipper of his backpack to reminder him to go get his lunch? That way every time he zips his bag to go at the end of the day, he will see and feel the reminder to go get his lunchbox.

This was my thought as well. I was thinking of a key ring with a small bell attached to give him both a visual and auditory reminder.

JBaxter
10-23-2019, 07:46 AM
Brown paper bag it and plastic baggies until he passes this phase.

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2019, 08:13 AM

Yep. I got tired of wasting good stuff on ds1. Yes, having all the disposable stuff isn;t ideal but it isn't ideal to lose or waste good stuff. :) They make waxed paper baggies- that's what we use.

ellies mom
10-23-2019, 01:14 PM

Yep. Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk