PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Otterbox Symmetry case?

bisous
10-26-2019, 01:05 PM
We’re upgrading our phones today. We ve been happy with Commuter cases. We have used Defenders as well but the Commuter was good enough. The store options don’t include the commuter—only the Defender and the Symmetry. I’m interested in opinions!

bisous
10-26-2019, 01:07 PM
I am very hard on my phone but the Commuter was enough!

mikala
10-26-2019, 03:22 PM
I used a glitter symmetry for awhile. It was plenty of protection and survived some nasty drops. My only complaint was that the rubbery clear part yellowed and darkened pretty significantly in less than a year so it always looked dirty.

khm
10-26-2019, 04:32 PM
I also had a glittery clear Symmetry. I thought it was really cute and protective, but it yellowed quickly. Quit using it quickly. Waste of money. I tried for a warranty refund but it went nowhere.

My daughter had a navy Symmetry, it was really slippery and made it hard to hold and she hated it. Also a waste of money.

So, I guess we aren't fans here!

PZMommy
10-26-2019, 04:51 PM
I use the symmetry case, and I really like mine. It has held up well!

MMMommy
10-26-2019, 06:30 PM
I forgot which one has the slippery, outer shell. I always like the Defender b/c it has the grippier, textured rubbery outer part.

AnnieW625
10-26-2019, 06:44 PM
I used a glitter symmetry for awhile. It was plenty of protection and survived some nasty drops. My only complaint was that the rubbery clear part yellowed and darkened pretty significantly in less than a year so it always looked dirty.

Yes to this. I have an Otterbox Symmetry case on my phone and it works great except for the yellowing. I had Commuter cases prior to the Symmetry and I like the feel better of the Symmetry better. I am still using my case even though the sides have yellowed.

I used a Defender for a while as well and I preferred the Commuter to it and now I don’t mind that Symmetry is more slippery than the Defender or Commuter. The Defender just felt too bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redstone
10-26-2019, 11:13 PM
I just ordered an Otter + Pop Symmetry case with the pop socket built in for my daughter's iPhone. She really wanted this case because she has always had a pop socket and feels it helps keep her phone more secure in her hand. I won't receive it until next week, so hopefully it works. Glad to hear others like the symmetry. This is our first Otter case. They can get pricey!

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-x-xs/otter-pop-symmetry-build-your-own-case/apl84-iph18-byo.html#start=1

https://www.otterbox.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1571868603109/images/desktop/apl84-iph18-byo-20-0b42.jpg

bisous
10-27-2019, 10:44 AM
DH ended up just ordering commuter cases off of amazon! We had great experiences with them. Maybe we’ll try the Symmetry at some future point but our commuters lasted for 3 years last time!

lurksalot
10-27-2019, 12:10 PM
We bought this one for my 14-year-old and he seems to really like it.