PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy from this online site?

SASM
10-29-2019, 09:14 PM
I am interested in one backpack colorway that was discontinued last year. I cannot find it new or used for a reasonable price. I stumbled upon this website today as my last ditch opportunity. The price is great and shipping is reasonable. The improper use of English shows that it’s clearly a company in another country. Shipping ETA 10-20 days. No idea what country. I would love to just ditch the bag and just go for a current color but I am curious what other experienced shoppers think. Am I being paranoid for being leery? I am mostly worried about a credit card transaction to another country.

https://www.lilyofkillarneytour.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenstring95
10-30-2019, 12:06 AM
Have you looked up reviews on the company? Can you pay with PayPal or similar?

pharmjenn
10-30-2019, 02:02 AM
The website is new this year, created 7 months ago. It may be legit, and they say 10-20 days, but once they have your money, it may take over a month to get you a product that may or may not be a fake.
I ordered a camping backpack and some monoculars over the summer from a similar looking company, and they came, but none of them are very good quality. They were not name brand though, so my fault

jgenie
10-30-2019, 06:15 AM
I ordered a backpack from a similar looking website this summer. It was a fake. I had paid using PayPal. They refunded my money and postage but had me mail the bag back to the vendor. The return address was an abandoned lot in CA. I would save yourself the headache and buy from a reputable site.

gymnbomb
10-30-2019, 06:20 AM
I am interested in one backpack colorway that was discontinued last year. I cannot find it new or used for a reasonable price. I stumbled upon this website today as my last ditch opportunity. The price is great and shipping is reasonable. The improper use of English shows that it’s clearly a company in another country. Shipping ETA 10-20 days. No idea what country. I would love to just ditch the bag and just go for a current color but I am curious what other experienced shoppers think. Am I being paranoid for being leery? I am mostly worried about a credit card transaction to another country.

https://www.lilyofkillarneytour.com

One of my credit card companies allows you to generate one time use numbers to use for online transactions to cut down on fraud risk. I have never done it, but this might be the kind of scenario in which I would try it.

doberbrat
10-30-2019, 07:38 AM
no. by the time you get your product, they've had your info too long. I only buy online from well known websites.

SASM
10-30-2019, 08:41 AM
Thank you so much! Going with my gut and saying no.

khm
10-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Thank you so much! Going with my gut and saying no.

Yeah, I'm gonna say it is a site selling fakes. The weird name, the site just seems off, its so new? Fakes. When that domain gets enough bad reviews they'll pop up under a different weird name and go for another few months.

Globetrotter
10-30-2019, 09:31 AM
I was searching for something online and found it much cheaper at one website so I was intrigued. I did some digging and found out it was one of these fake websites. You have to be very careful. It came up under the shopping options for the item.

AnnieW625
10-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Have you tried EBay? I would do that before ordering from a website with bad English and a short web history.

SASM
10-30-2019, 10:27 AM
I was searching for something online and found it much cheaper at one website so I was intrigued. I did some digging and found out it was one of these fake websites. You have to be very careful. It came up under the shopping options for the item.

Is there a website that lists fake websites?

SASM
10-30-2019, 10:29 AM
Have you tried EBay? I would do that before ordering from a website with bad English and a short web history.

Yup...Ebay, Posh, Amazon and Warehouse, Mercari, all the random sports stores. No luck without crazy $$$ prices. Oh well. I’ll sit on it for a bit and then start looking again. Hopefully another color will pop up that I prefer. [emoji6]

Globetrotter
10-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Is there a website that lists fake websites?

I just googled the name of that website and reviews and it was clear that it was a scam.

Globetrotter
10-30-2019, 10:45 AM
Btw My dd intentionally bought a fake designer backpack in Europe as those are all the rage. Unless you look very closely it’s hard to tell, which is kind of scary when you think about these fake websites and the secondary market.

Globetrotter
10-30-2019, 10:46 AM
Btw My dd intentionally bought a fake designer backpack in Europe as those are all the rage. Unless you look very closely it’s hard to tell, which is kind of scary when you think about these fake websites and the secondary market.

Eta: This was from a souvenir shop in a main stream area and they were openly selling these.

TwinFoxes
10-30-2019, 08:49 PM
OP, try posting the bag you want, maybe someone here can find it for you. :)

SASM
10-31-2019, 12:28 AM
Globetrotter... It’s crazy how good some of these fakes are! Fake Fjallraven Kanken’s were being sold on Amazon! Thankful for people who post very detailed articles on how to check authenticity.

SASM
10-31-2019, 12:30 AM
OP, try posting the bag you want, maybe someone here can find it for you. :)
Thank you! I checked Posh again today and found one. Fingers crossed about the condition as details were lacking but I am willing to take chance.

Globetrotter
10-31-2019, 02:03 AM
Globetrotter... It’s crazy how good some of these fakes are! Fake Fjallraven Kanken’s were being sold on Amazon! Thankful for people who post very detailed articles on how to check authenticity.
Omg that’s the one! And they are all over the place! It was so cheap that it couldn’t possibly be authentic, and we found a video showing very subtle differences.

Globetrotter
10-31-2019, 02:23 AM
OP, glad you found it!

TwinFoxes
10-31-2019, 08:26 AM
Thank you! I checked Posh again today and found one. Fingers crossed about the condition as details were lacking but I am willing to take chance.

Oh, that is awesome!

AnnieW625
11-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Can you please post a picture of this bag? I am just being nosy.