PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gift idea for 10yr old girl

wendibird22
10-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Looking for a creative/unique gift idea for a girl turning 10 (4th grade). She's not a girly girl at all...no dolls or stuffies or spa-day type things. She's smart, an avid reader, into theater, plays soccer and basketball, and her parents are organic/environmental/support indy book store type people. Mom's an educator and dad's a geologist. They are world travelers.

In past years we've gifted this girl a science kit, a high quality basketball (last year was her first year playing), GC to our local indy bookstore.

Bonus if I can get it amazon prime because her party is Sunday!

PunkyBoo
10-31-2019, 11:37 AM
She sings a bit like my son's friend. For her 10th we got her Exploding Kittens game.

Or you could give her a hydroflask... Lol!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
10-31-2019, 03:40 PM
Exploding Kittens is a good one. My soccer-loving niece really liked the USWNT World Cup tees and cap we got her. You said she's into theatre, does she like Hamilton? My DDs loved this book. It's really cool.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1455539740/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

twowhat?
10-31-2019, 04:00 PM
Exploding Kittens is a big hit here too. If you know which shows she likes, some theater merch would probably make her really happy (t-shirts for example). We gifted a soccer ball necklace to a classmate this year (you can find pretty nice stainless steel ones on Amazon - we got one where the pendant was a true ball shape, and it was small/dainty enough for daily wear).

And the Hydroflask is not a bad idea, LOLOL!

sariana
10-31-2019, 05:37 PM
A Hydroflask? (for her sports)

What is your budget?

doberbrat
11-01-2019, 07:38 AM
books about soccer or basket ball players? I just saw a new book about women in soccer. Not sure if its out yet but it might be a good fit. No idea what its called ;(

AnnieW625
11-01-2019, 05:40 PM
My Dd1 loved her Fuji Polaroid camera at that age. It was $50 or so at Amazon I think so probably over budget. I like the Hydroflask idea. Does she like any sports teams? Sports t shirts and sweatshirts are always a good buy in our house. Amazon and Target gift cards are also popular as our burger chain gift cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3isEnough
11-01-2019, 10:37 PM
My 10yo DD and her friends really liked the butterfly habitat kit this year, and it was much more interesting than I expected. I think your science-oriented intelligent bday girl would really like it.