PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a device to control wifi usage?

Soccermomm
11-04-2019, 08:06 AM
If you use one, please let me know which one you have and how easy it is to use.

Thanks!!!!!

lil_acorn
11-04-2019, 09:48 AM
If you use one, please let me know which one you have and how easy it is to use.

Thanks!!!!!

I have internet through xfinity and they have an app that lets you assign devices to profiles and then you can set times for those profiles to be "on". Then you can turn all the kids devices off at 8 pm, turn them back on at 7 am , etc. You can also pause it temporarily if you want (i.e. grounding!).

wendibird22
11-04-2019, 01:47 PM
We use Circle and it allows you to give separate permissions to each device on your wifi. We just removed 10yr old DDs access to youtube. And any new apps either kid downloads from the app store first asks parental permission before it'll install.

Momit
11-04-2019, 06:28 PM
We use Google WiFi. Our son’s devices are together in one profile, so his WiFi shuts off at a certain time each night and doesn’t come on until 15 minutes before he goes to school. You can also pause his WiFi access immediately any time. Everything is controlled through the app.

Mikey0709
11-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Our Linksys router has a phone app you can install. Admin privileges allow you to set parental controls and turn on/off each wifi device separately. Also allow you to restart your router through the app if internet ever goes down.