PDA

View Full Version : If your DH has thinning hair,

ourbabygirl
11-06-2019, 04:28 PM
is there anything he's done or used to help it grow back or not go away as quickly?

Thanks! :)

Myira
11-06-2019, 05:22 PM
DH used to have the best hair in the world, it was shiny silky straight and a generous mop of it. He is now only a step away from becoming bald! I try not to think about it it’s just so sad. DS has the same wonderful hair though!

One thing that has worked for me personally is biotin. But I stopped taking it since I read it can show your thyroid hormones to show elevated in a blood test. I don’t know how true that is. DH has never taken it so I don’t know if it works for men.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

StantonHyde
11-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Nope, he keeps his hair cut shorter and wears a hat when he is in the sun.

bcafe
11-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Accept the fact and move on? That’s what DH did and he looks sexy with a shaved head. (Shaved meaning a #1 clipper attachment)

Mommy_Mea
11-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Dh started shaving his head 15 years ago and hasn't looked back [emoji16]

petesgirl
11-06-2019, 11:48 PM
My DH started out with thin hair and an extensive widow's peak. :) it's genetic, his dad and brothers all have the same hairline.

georgiegirl
11-07-2019, 12:13 AM
My father has used rogaine for years. It has really helped.

(DH has super thick hair with a low hairline. We joke about him being part Neanderthal.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ourbabygirl
11-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Thanks, Everyone! He has used Biotin- not sure if it's helped, but I could ask him. Rogaine is another option I forgot about...

I know it bothers him a lot, and he said he'll probably end up shaving it, but I thought I could do some research first.
He would do something more permanent, but we don't have the funds for it since insurance wouldn't cover it.
I don't notice it/ pay much attention to it, but it's not my head, and I think it's gotten much worse this last year since he's done more of a Keto diet (though he said he'd still rather be skinnier and bald than bald and much bigger. :ROTFLMAO:)

ourbabygirl
11-07-2019, 12:23 AM
sorry- duplicate post.

Melaine
11-07-2019, 08:19 AM
My FIL used rogaine years ago (20 or so) and has an incredibly thick head of hair to this day.

klwa
11-07-2019, 08:24 AM
DH uses Rogaine. It helps, but doesn't stop it completely. Personally, I wish he'd stop worrying about it quite so much, but since I dye my hair to hide the greys, I figure he can have his vanity thing, too.

cckwmh
11-07-2019, 08:51 AM
See a dermatologist. The realistic goal of treatment is to preserve what hair he has, regrowth is bonus. Propecia works, is now generic, and is relatively inexpensive. There are side effects so worth talking to a doctor about it, Most men do not stay on forever, just until they are ok with losing their hair.

JBaxter
11-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Nope he went the Wahl trimmer route. I have a 25 yr old who is making the same decision