PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone buying at kohl?

MomtoNico
11-10-2019, 09:20 PM
I have placed 3 orders on nothing I needed. Prices too good to pass up. I bought red boots, electrictooth brush etc. what is everyone buying?

ang79
11-10-2019, 09:50 PM
I just remembered to look at the site! I think I may pick up a sound machine to try. And sonicare toothbrush replacement heads if they are a good deal w/ the coupons. MIL is shopping for clothes for the girls for Christmas. I need some new black ankle boots, maybe I'll try to look in store tomorrow, as my feet are pretty picky.

belovedgandp
11-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Well I'm up to 8 orders....

Best deal was mens dress slacks. A slimfit Haggar that fits my 15 YO priced out at 15. They are on a decent sale.

Mens ties have decent prices also.

Ugly Christmas sweaters - middle schooler needs for band concert

Socks for DH and DD.

I'd been holding onto a few of these for this sale and it's worked out. Only disappointment was for me. I need a couple new bras and the one I need is not discounted at all.

mikala
11-11-2019, 12:54 AM
Kids clothing, pillows, socks, sweaters for DH, PJs for me. I found a some Christmas plates for $2.99 and used as add ons to get orders to $25. I'll give with our holiday cookies. They also had a few games and puzzles in the promo.

iowavb
11-11-2019, 01:13 AM
I bought our family Christmas pajamas, some spanx tights for me, underwear for my son, mittens, pillows, earrings for my daughter, a couple of dresses for littlest daughter, shoes and tights for her Christmas dress and several other things. I’m embarrassed to say how many orders it was and I’ll be mortified when one item at a time is delivered over the next week. But most of these items I’ve been holding off getting knowing that this sale was coming up and I got a few Christmas list items checked off too!

jgenie
11-11-2019, 04:25 AM
Kids clothing, pillows, socks, sweaters for DH, PJs for me. I found a some Christmas plates for $2.99 and used as add ons to get orders to $25. I'll give with our holiday cookies. They also had a few games and puzzles in the promo.

Are you getting free shipping at $25?

lisa928
11-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Are you getting free shipping at $25?

Their big coupon is $10 off $25, that is in addition to the 30% off and free shipping if you are a card holder.

jgenie
11-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Their big coupon is $10 off $25, that is in addition to the 30% off and free shipping if you are a card holder.

Thank you!

MSWR0319
11-11-2019, 09:26 AM
So far I got new towels for the boys' bathroom and a few things for my Angel tree child. I need to get a new pillow, socks and underwear for the boys, and maybe a few other household items I've been holding off on for this sale.

umsh
11-11-2019, 11:31 AM
What pillows does everyone like from Kohl’s?

I’m mainly getting clothes and pjs for the kids. Possibly shoes for me and them. I know I’ve gotten other stuff in the past but drawing a blank now on what else makes sense to buy now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79
11-11-2019, 12:03 PM
What pillows does everyone like from Kohl’s?

I’m mainly getting clothes and pjs for the kids. Possibly shoes for me and them. I know I’ve gotten other stuff in the past but drawing a blank now on what else makes sense to buy now

I'm having a hard time thinking of ideas too! I think I normally try to pick up Angel tree items or small gifts, but I don't have the Angel Tree list yet and am stuck on gift ideas. Unfortunately the brands I'd like to order for gifts (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, sports team stuff), is all excluded from the coupons. I did order 3 sets of Sonicare brush refills, came to $11 something per 2 pack. Considering getting the Big One fleece blankets for each girl to use as extra bedding and when reading/watching movies on the couch, so they don't keep fighting over the blankets we already have on the couch.

Gracemom
11-11-2019, 03:50 PM
I got this vacuum cleaner: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3692818/bissell-powerclean-rewind-pet-vacuum-2494.jsp

umsh
11-11-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm having a hard time thinking of ideas too! I think I normally try to pick up Angel tree items or small gifts, but I don't have the Angel Tree list yet and am stuck on gift ideas. Unfortunately the brands I'd like to order for gifts (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, sports team stuff), is all excluded from the coupons. I did order 3 sets of Sonicare brush refills, came to $11 something per 2 pack. Considering getting the Big One fleece blankets for each girl to use as extra bedding and when reading/watching movies on the couch, so they don't keep fighting over the blankets we already have on the couch.

Yeah I was hoping we’d have the Angel Tree list, but we don’t yet. I think last year I bought some stainless steel pans too. Nothing amazing but works fine for our morning eggs.

California
11-11-2019, 05:47 PM
We're getting basics too- light fall jacket (https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3743597/girls-4-20-so-zip-front-anorak-jacket.jsp?color=Pink&prdPV=4) for my youngest,
her Christmas dress (https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3726739/girls-7-16-bonnie-jean-sleeveless-princess-seam-lace-dress.jsp?color=Red&prdPV=1) (she picked it out in the store last weekend), new hoodie for my oldest, socks for my kids, and basic slacks for DH. Going to try to find some stocking stuffer items today, and will get something from Fiesta to add to my collection.

I tried this cardigan on in the store and am ordering it in grey to keep at work: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3243768/womens-sonoma-goods-for-life-ribbed-cardigan.jsp?color=Hazy%20Night%20Heather&prdPV=1

Debating on ugly sweater for my youngest. She really wants one but I don't know how much use she'd get out of it. She really liked this red Carter's poncho (https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3622328/girls-4-12-carters-sparkly-cable-knit-poncho.jsp?prdPV=2) that she could wear for Valentine's Day too, but they are sold out in her size.

KrisM
11-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I was thinking about an Instant Pot, but I have no idea which one and if it ends up a good price or not.

liz
11-11-2019, 06:59 PM
oooohh, I wait for this sale every year. I have dozens of orders! DH needs new work pants (ordered each pair separately to maximize sales codes). I usually get basics for my oldest DS, who is in men's sizes. He had another growth spurt, so I got him a bunch of stuff. Each of the other kids get basics too- t-shirts, fleece tops, winter gloves etc. I bought a bunch of sleep wear for me. They sell women's pj's in Tall sizes :bowdown::bowdown: so I get pajamas for fall/spring and some for winter. The prices and quality are hard to beat and they fit well. Last year they didn't sell pj's in the tall length and I was panicking!! It's so hard to find cute pj's that are long enough. So happy they brought that back! Bought some shoes and sweaters for me. Got a few tops, leggings and some warmer outdoor workout gear. Forgot about the Sonicare toothbrush heads, so thanks for whoever mentioned that!

My big struggle is trying to figure out orders that come closest to $25. I added some small random items (big one towels, face cloth, earrings) but usually just do the best I can. Sometimes playing the Kohls lowest sale price game is too much work. I figure these prices are probably the best I'll get during the holiday season without driving myself crazy.

klwa
11-12-2019, 08:37 AM
I bought mattress pads for the kids' beds and a couple of sweaters for me. 4 different orders. :)

calebsmama03
11-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Lol I think I’m the only person on the planet who doesn’t go crazy over Kohl’s sales like this. I dropped my kohl’s card many years ago after too many frustrations with poor quality. I thought I was missing out so I ordered a bunch of towels and washcloths last month when the deal seemed to good to pass up but the quality was terrible. Thin and rough. First wash the edges were fraying and thread hanging loose everywhere and they shrunk ridiculously so back they went. I almost ordered some shoes and such yesterday with the coupons but stopped myself over concerns about quality again.

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2019, 12:55 PM
My issue with kohl’s is the price inflation so they can have “mark downs”. Used to be a problem but I don’t know if it still is. It was super noticeable on toys.
That said, we do like the dress clothes for ds1 so I do shop there sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

DualvansMommy
11-12-2019, 01:32 PM
My issue with kohl’s is the price inflation so they can have “mark downs”. Used to be a problem but I don’t know if it still is. It was super noticeable on toys.
That said, we do like the dress clothes for ds1 so I do shop there sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Same here. I pass kohl’s by almost daily that’s only 3 miles from me, just was never impressed with their pricing or sales. I did get DS2 clothes from there few months ago for a good deal, but it isn’t as often though.

Guess I’ve to check it out again and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ett
11-12-2019, 04:01 PM
Their prices are still very inflated. Mostly I get items like athletic pants, sweatshirts, and tshirts for DS1. I have one or 2 clothing items from Kohls but overall I'm not terribly impressed with their styling or quality. I know lots of people say they get basics like underwear, socks, etc. I wonder what people are buying because the prices are so inflated that after all the discounts it just brings them down close to Target's regular price. But I don't have the Kohls card so I know my discount is not as high as cardholders. I shop with them in spurts, as it's a lot of work to keep up with all their sales.

belovedgandp
11-12-2019, 04:30 PM
The price inflation thing is very real. Easier to compare now that Target has a great online listings also. It's the one store I keep the credit card for because of the benefits.

I completely clothe my husband and two boys between Kohls and Costco.

I tend to order a lot online since I can always get a 30% off code. But there are two stores within my normal circle. I consider Kohls cash to just be a bonus. Never factor earning it when making a purchase. Then go to store and troll the clearance rack or pick up a shirt or two for DH and call it done.

candaceb
11-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Lol I think I’m the only person on the planet who doesn’t go crazy over Kohl’s sales like this. I dropped my kohl’s card many years ago after too many frustrations with poor quality. I thought I was missing out so I ordered a bunch of towels and washcloths last month when the deal seemed to good to pass up but the quality was terrible. Thin and rough. First wash the edges were fraying and thread hanging loose everywhere and they shrunk ridiculously so back they went. I almost ordered some shoes and such yesterday with the coupons but stopped myself over concerns about quality again.

This sale is a definite exception. When you add the $10 off $25 to the 30%, you can get some really good deals. Plus they had $10 off $50 for household items. I got an OXO scale that would have been $40 at Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon for $27, including the OXO measuring cup that I added on to get to $50. I was buying name brand things and directly compared the prices with other places. I buy Jockey underwear and Sonicare toothbrush refills that are the same as I would get anywhere else. The toothbrush refills were $20 - the same pack is $35 at Target.
I like their Tek Gear active wear and have not had any issues with quality - especially for the price. When I pay $20 for pants, I don't expect them to last forever.

liz
11-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Responding to PP's who don't like Kohl's because prices are inflated/quality is poor/non stylish clothes/confusing sales.....how does this add to OP's post? Kohl's may not be your choice for shopping, I totally get that, I really do. I just don't think adding unfavorable comments and opinions to this thread is helpful.

calebsmama03
11-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Responding to PP's who don't like Kohl's because prices are inflated/quality is poor/non stylish clothes/confusing sales.....how does this add to OP's post? Kohl's may not be your choice for shopping, I totally get that, I really do. I just don't think adding unfavorable comments and opinions to this thread is helpful.

Sorry - didn't know there was a post police telling us where we can post and what we can say. IMO it's totally relevant to the thread if she is asking what is everyone buying at Kohls and we are answering the question saying we are buying nothing because the prices are still not great for the quality offered, but apparently my opinion was incorrect. Next time I'll be sure to make certain everything I say is approved. <insert massive eyeroll>

California
11-14-2019, 12:08 AM
Well, Calebsmama's post did remind me that I forgot to order towels! Our guest studio has thick soft towels from Kohls that have held up well through multiple washings. Should have put them on the list :-P Their cheap towels are just that- cheap. But for this sale you can get better-quality ones at a great price, by combining the 30% off, $10 off $25, and free shipping. Perfect for a guest bathroom. Oh well!

liz
11-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Sorry - didn't know there was a post police telling us where we can post and what we can say. IMO it's totally relevant to the thread if she is asking what is everyone buying at Kohls and we are answering the question saying we are buying nothing because the prices are still not great for the quality offered, but apparently my opinion was incorrect. Next time I'll be sure to make certain everything I say is approved. <insert massive eyeroll>

wow, that's not the tone I was trying to convey. Honestly I haven't posted or been active on the BBB in a while due to responses like these. This thread is in the Bargains Lounge and was asking what everyone was buying. People who are buying items are excited about getting a good deal. How does saying the store is terrible because it's not stylish/terrible quality/tricky sales tactics helping us find a deal? I'm seriously asking this question. Basically these kind of responses are supposed to make us feel bad about our shopping choices? IDK. Seemed like an off topic response to those of us who are legitimately trying to find a good deal.

MomtoNico
11-14-2019, 12:37 PM
I agree most things are over priced. And you can’t use coupons on a lot of items. I guess that is why I asked the question. I was looking for ideas. I got an electric toothbrush and a few other things. I kindly wish I got some nice towels- like a pp posted. Maybe I will have a better idea next year.

MMMommy
11-14-2019, 09:14 PM
I don’t have a Kohl’s card, so I prob didn’t maximize potential savings. But I picked up the newly released Instant Pot Omni Plus Toaster Oven for about $50 off the usual $199 price it is everywhere else. The next best savings would have been Macy’s with 10% off with their Friends and Family discount. The Kohl’s price with three stacked coupons on Monday was the best deal I could find on this particular product. That, combined with the more generous and longer return policy made it a good buy from there. I’ve been so curious to see how well this oven will work. I’ve had two Breville Smart Ovens that I loved, but both died at the 2.5 to 3 year mark. I much prefer the Breville functionality and ease of use, but want to give this Instant Pot one a try.