PDA

View Full Version : mystery men's sweatshirt sweater

Reader
11-26-2019, 08:47 AM
Many years ago I bought my husband a "sweatshirt sweater". It's a sweater (not fleece) but looks like a sweatshirt it is so finely knit. There is no label in the sweater anymore and it is falling apart. I have bought a few over the years to try to replace it but nothing is quite right. Has anyone seen anything marketed as a "sweatshirt sweater"? I would really like to find a replacement.

twowhat?
11-26-2019, 09:57 AM
It almost sounds like a double-knit fabric (2 layers, if the sweater he has is thicker). LL bean as a selection of double knit tops.

khm
11-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Many years ago I bought my husband a "sweatshirt sweater". It's a sweater (not fleece) but looks like a sweatshirt it is so finely knit. There is no label in the sweater anymore and it is falling apart. I have bought a few over the years to try to replace it but nothing is quite right. Has anyone seen anything marketed as a "sweatshirt sweater"? I would really like to find a replacement.

Patagonia?
https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-performance-better-sweater-quarter-zip-fleece/25980.html?dwvar_25980_color=ARGR&cgid=root&isSearch=true#tile-4=&q=better+sweater&start=1&sz=24

carolinamama
11-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Patagonia?
https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-performance-better-sweater-quarter-zip-fleece/25980.html?dwvar_25980_color=ARGR&cgid=root&isSearch=true#tile-4=&q=better+sweater&start=1&sz=24

Patagonia was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Reader
11-26-2019, 04:41 PM
I think you are both right- the LL Bean and Patagonia look like the same kind of knit, though his is just a basic crewneck sweater. I might have bought it at LL Bean but my order history doesn't go back far enough for me to see. Thanks...I'll try him on one of these and see if I can get him to retire the worn out one.

ChicagoNDMom
11-26-2019, 06:57 PM
Try Orvis “Signature Softest Sweatshirts”. I have had great luck with Orvis clothing for DH.