PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in the Alpharetta GA area?

Pilotbaby
11-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone is in the Alpharetta area and can recommend the best family friendly neighborhoods with great schools. Looking for recommendations of active neighborhoods with pool and friendly neighbors:)
Thanks for any recommendations.

BDKmom
11-26-2019, 05:05 PM
I don’t live there, but live a few towns over. Alphatetta is a pretty affluent area. Most neighborhoods there are swim/tennis and family friendly. Most schools in the area are excellent. I think you will need to narrow down your search based on other criteria, such as price range, where your jobs are, do you need to travel (interstate and airport access), etc. Commutes in the Atlanta area can be brutal, and there is little to no public transportation.

Again, I don’t know enough about specific neighborhoods to recommend any, especially with out a price range, but if you name some you are looking at I may be familiar, at least with the area if not the neighborhood.

Pilotbaby
12-01-2019, 11:58 AM
I don’t live there, but live a few towns over. Alphatetta is a pretty affluent area. Most neighborhoods there are swim/tennis and family friendly. Most schools in the area are excellent. I think you will need to narrow down your search based on other criteria, such as price range, where your jobs are, do you need to travel (interstate and airport access), etc. Commutes in the Atlanta area can be brutal, and there is little to no public transportation.

Again, I don’t know enough about specific neighborhoods to recommend any, especially with out a price range, but if you name some you are looking at I may be familiar, at least with the area if not the neighborhood.

Thanks for your response. We do need airport access (which I know will be a long drive but it won't be everyday). Not sure of exact price range but probably under 550,000.

cindys
12-01-2019, 10:24 PM
I worked in Alpharetta for many years. It’s grown so much and can be very congested. Having said all that, I love Alpharetta and especially the little town of Milton. Milton is still pretty rural but near everything.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys

BunnyBee
12-01-2019, 10:41 PM
My parents are near there. Where would your daily commute be? As others said, most of the schools there are good for public schools in GA. There really isn’t a “bad” area in Alpharetta; it’s all going to depend on your commute.

Pilotbaby
12-02-2019, 11:50 AM
I worked in Alpharetta for many years. It’s grown so much and can be very congested. Having said all that, I love Alpharetta and especially the little town of Milton. Milton is still pretty rural but near everything.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys

Thank you- We are looking in Milton as well. Any school or neighbourhood recommendations there?

Pilotbaby
12-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Thank you- any neighborhood recommendations? I work from home and if I need office space, will rent nearby. My husband will need to get to the airport sometimes so we know that will be a drive!
My parents are near there. Where would your daily commute be? As others said, most of the schools there are good for public schools in GA. There really isn’t a “bad” area in Alpharetta; it’s all going to depend on your commute.