PDA

View Full Version : s/o: so where is everyone traveling to for the holiday?/plan for the day or weekend?

AnnieW625
11-27-2019, 11:14 AM
We are going to DH’s aunt and uncle’s house in Huntington Beach, which will be a maximum 30 minute drive for us. We don’t have to be there until 3 so we will sleep in until at least 8 am, eat breakfast and then watch movies until we have to start getting ready around 1. I do have to make two pies (pumpkin and apple) so I will make one tonight and probably some cookies. Dd1 will probably try to talk me into some kind of Pinterest recipe to bake as well. It is suppose to rain tomorrow so I am looking forward to being inside.

I think we are going to the LA Auto Show on Friday, but then other than Dd2’s art class on Saturday and church on Saturday or Sunday we have no other plans. If traffic isn’t too bad today I would like to stop by the mall and pick up some new jeans, but not a huge priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
11-27-2019, 12:13 PM
We don’t live near family. DH loves to cook so he’s doing the whole feast for the four of us. We’re at the mall today and plan to head out for a hike tomorrow morning then we’ll watch the parade and the games. Snack all day and dinner around 3:00. It’s a very laid back relaxing day for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

hillview
11-27-2019, 12:48 PM
We are flying to San Diego to look at houses. We are eating at a place on the beach but it’s supposed to rain tomorrow

klwa
11-27-2019, 01:55 PM
Tonight is supper with the in-laws, < 10 minutes from our house. I have to fix cabbage, baked beans (don't ask...), and cookies before we go.

Tomorrow morning, we get up & drive to my dad's, about 2.5 hours away, for a late-ish lunch. We'll stay there tonight & come home Friday after lunch. Have to start cooking tonight after the in-laws' for that. (Pound cake, cabbage, and stewed apples.)

Saturday, we go to my cousin's house, which is about an hour and a half from my house to see my mom's side of the family. My dad comes to that as well, and one of my nieces will only be at that part of the family gathering. (She's my step-niece and does her dad's family for Thanksgiving, so we're always happy to sneak in a little time with her.) We're also doing a little baby shower for a different cousin's daughter that day. :) I'll pick up something for that one instead of cooking, so I can leave it when we sneak out a bit early.

Sunday, a friend is having a house-warming party, so I'm going to try to make that, if I'm not too worn out from all the running.

gymnbomb
11-27-2019, 03:03 PM
My in laws flew in last week and will fly home Friday. The kids will enjoy hanging out with them, and we will pick up a complete dinner to go from Cracker Barrel. Ahh, looking forward to a hopefully relaxing holiday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StantonHyde
11-27-2019, 03:07 PM
Staying right here and going to the neighbors for Turkey Day. I am bringing a cheese plate appetizer-already have it, ordered rolls-DS is picking them up today. And tomorrow I will bake my famous apple pie and go for an awesome trail run in the snow. Friday-Sunday my only goal is to work out and dial in the planning details for our summer trip to Scotland. Totally relaxing. Cannot wait. And DH doesn't have to work Thanksgiving Day!!!

trentsmom
11-27-2019, 05:54 PM
We are eating at my parents' house which is literally a walk through the woods. My mom and I split the cooking. So far I've made bourbon cranberry sauce, pumpkin chiffon pie, and a make ahead turkey gravy. Still need to make some iced tea. I have no idea what I'm doing for the rest of the weekend. DS2 told me he wants to go out shopping on Black Friday. We'll see about that!

c&j04
11-27-2019, 06:36 PM
We are driving 10 hours to a family reunion for my MILs family. We'll be there from Thursday evening dinner thru Saturday morning brunch. She has 9 siblings. We'll be about 125 people and that's maybe 75% :dizzy:

ETA. We are in charge of Friday evening dinner... huge cooler of protein going along with a massive grocery run that day.

nfceagles
11-27-2019, 06:39 PM
We’re eating at Nando’s tomorrow. I hate cooking for Thanksgiving. Then home for dessert, I made a few favorites. Then Friday morning we are going to Edinburgh for the weekend. Hoping for good weather.

smilequeen
11-27-2019, 08:59 PM
Not traveling. We will have a house full of people tomorrow:)

California
11-27-2019, 09:44 PM
We are staying in town. My teen's friends came over to hold a Friendsgiving at our house this past weekend. We attended a Friendsgiving yesterday, and we will go a relative's for the actual Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. This weekend my kids and DH will prepare a simple Thanksgiving meal, too. They do all the cooking and cleanup, and it's a really wonderful day in our house.

I loved the concept of Friendsgiving at first but by the end of this week we will have celebrated Thanksgiving four times!

theriviera
11-28-2019, 12:13 AM
We’re eating at Nando’s tomorrow. I hate cooking for Thanksgiving. Then home for dessert, I made a few favorites. Then Friday morning we are going to Edinburgh for the weekend. Hoping for good weather.

I miss Nandos! We just returned from an expat life in London [emoji3590] [emoji636]

lizzywednesday
11-28-2019, 11:20 AM
We're heading to MIL's for dinner around 3. They're ~5 minutes away.

I made two side dishes ("AB mac & cheese (https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-1939524)" and this sweet potato casserole w/bacon & pecan topping (https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/bourbon-sweet-potato-casserole-sweet-n-savory-bacon-pecans/)) and have to grab the cream cheese for the Buffalo chicken dip I'm also making.

Friday, we have our 10th annual traditional cousins' Christmas card photos at my brother's house. Haven't set a time for that yet, though, and my sister's car is in the shop (she thinks it's a problem with the starter) so it might be rough getting her & the kids there super-early.

sariana
11-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Heading across the bay to Marin for Thanksgiving with DH’s family at his sister’s house.

mom2binsd
11-28-2019, 11:45 AM
My kids and I are driving 30 min to enjoy the day with our best friend's who moved away (lived 3 doors away before), her parents are hosting and I'm bringing stuffing, Meijer apple Caramel pie and wine. I work Friday and then a hockey tournament in Chicago for DS and local hockey games for DD all weekend, I'll be driving a lot!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

doberbrat
11-28-2019, 12:28 PM
We're staying home in our jammies. I'm going to start a turkey a a few min. Aiming to eat around 4 or 5. I never understood the concept of eating at 3...... I'm hungry again at dinnertime!

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy Thanksgiving free from drama

StantonHyde
11-28-2019, 02:11 PM
I am truly thankful that we are not driving anywhere. We had a giant snow dump overnight and it is still snowing--like we are expected to have over a foot of snow. Great for our water and for skiing. yay. Just glad I can walk down the street for dinner at the neighbors!

zukeypur
11-28-2019, 02:13 PM
We’re already back home. We traveled last weekend to go to DH’s uncle’s retirement party (he is retiring from the Texas Rangers....not the baseball team), and then continued on to my mom’s for a couple days. The weather was turning and DD has rabbits to take care of for the stock show next week, so we came home early. The in-laws decided to escape the bad weather as well and have joined us at our house. We’re cooking prime rib, ham, and all of the other traditional sides.

nfceagles
11-29-2019, 08:17 AM
I miss Nandos! We just returned from an expat life in London [emoji3590] [emoji636]

We just came last summer. So far it’s amazing. Where in London were you?